Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2021 4:48:41 PM EDT
I am looking for some information about the legality of this.  I understand that folks who have a LTC can own these non-FML demonstrably pre-94 Glock magazines.

But I have no way to verify (even if they sent me a copy) the validity of someone's LTC in MA.

Is the safest way to legally sell these to a MA resident to have them shipped to an FFL in the state?  I assume and FFL can without question receive them right?

Thanks for your insights.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#1]
There is zero need to send them to a FFL.

Have the buyer text you a picture of their LTC. That’s it, possession falls on the individual in the state and there’s no need for you to do anything further.

No need to make it more complicated then that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are really paranoid you can check the validity of the LTC here:

MA LTC portal
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pyro_451:
If you are really paranoid you can check the validity of the LTC here:

MA LTC portal
View Quote

Actually, only the holder of the LTC can use that as it requires the PIN. However, requesting that the MA buyer send you the PDF of the results should suffice for the paranoid.

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
got any more ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
got any more ?
View Quote

What are you looking for?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Does MA allow any pre-94 mags or is there a round limit like a standard 15 rounds for a Glock 22 or 17 for a Glock 17.
I'm going through my old mag pile to put something together for the MA guys, and there's one or two of the pre 94 Scherer 28 round mags along with the,OEM half moon Glock mags
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#7]
For MA, pre-ban is pre-ban and can be any capacity.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
For you MA guys

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS-Gen-2-Glock-22-Mags-Intended-for-MA-members/178-2256811/

Hopefully everyone else leaves the ad alone so you guys can get them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent. Sold in 16 minutes to a MA inmate.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By djsmiles:

Hot Link

Thanks @tc556guy
View Quote

You're all welcome
Next question
Are the people who might check mags in your possession picky about how close to the 94 ban your mags might have been made. Basically, are they knowledgeable enough about the Glock mag generations to know what they're looking at.

Glock mag generations are easy to pick out based on features like the half moon versus the notched back side of the mags. When you start getting closer to the 1994 date Glock started getting funky and started moving the caliber designation up and down the back side of the mag above the round count witness holes. I'm not sure exactly where that settled before the ban kicked in. I know the numbers after the ban stayed high on the mag because they just eliminated the law enforcement restriction language. Later mag generations are easier to pick out because of the ambidextrous notch, etc. I didn't want to include any borderline manufactured mags in that batch to avoid getting anyone there in trouble. That being said, I have a couple more mags that are probably slightly newer than the half moons I put up this morning. But I didn't want to potentially get any of you jammed up if the nag isn't clearly pre 94 production
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Next caliber with a question...I assume any AR mag with a black follower doesn't get you guys scrutinized too closely, even if there's no production dates?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: steve8140] [#13]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Next caliber with a question...I assume any AR mag with a black follower doesn't get you guys scrutinized too closely, even if there's no production dates?
View Quote

First of all, good on you for posting these for the MA guys. There a lot of good people stuck in that state.

AR mags can have a date stamp on the outside or even the inside of the mag body. That would clearly indicate preban status or not.

If the mag in not marked in any way then the floor plate is the next easiest tell. Who’s the manufacturer? We’re they around during the ban years?
Even then you could always swap out the floor plates.

The follower can be somewhat aged by the style being anti-tilt or non anti-tilt but it has no bearing on preban status. It’s a easily replaceable part. The magazine body is the only part of the magazine that truly matters.

Ultimately it comes down to the comfort level of the individual in possession. If the cops are looking at your mags to determine legality your probably already nailed for something else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I know most of the AR mag bodies started having dates, especially by the ban era.  I'm pretty sure noones ever swapped out new followers in favor of old ones so that's always been my quick era reference for mag ages for the mags with no visible date stamp.

I managed to accumulate a fair number of mags over my military years, and after passing off the ones with restricted stamps to my law enforcement co-workers I'm down to thinning out from the stash some really old 20 and 30 rounders. My unit dumpsterized every 20 rounder they had back around 2007. They're old enough that I don't think they had date stamps and many had silver followers, not black ones. So.. pretty old. Most of those went to my coworkers years ago because my agency used a mix of 20 and 30 round mags in our patrol rifles.
I just don't want to get any of the MA guys jammed up with anything I send them. I figured it was better to ask how closely they get scrutinized for their mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top