Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2018 5:15:49 PM EDT
I live in Texas, am going to Sig Academy for an Instructor course. Not LE forvthe purposes ofthis trip (I teach them, but not commissioned.)

Is flying into Logan with a Glock and an AR, renting a car and leaving immediately for NH, an option?

I know FOPA...but not sure how Mass enforces their state law. I figure flying in won’t be a big deal, but flying out and having to check Weapons at the airport might bring the unwanted attention of the JBTs.

Thanks in advance. And...I have sold several preban lowers and other stuff to good folks in Mass in the past if that pays for your time to answer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Unlike NY/NJ, police aren't called over to inspect your papers when you check in at Logan. However, if it were me, I would opt to fly in/out of Manchester NH airport even if it cost more (and it probably does).

It's called "Massprudence".
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Concur.  Unless you have LEOSA, Federal LE or similar privileges, I would strongly recommend flying into NH.

PVD isn't a bad option, as Buddy Cianci International airport is very easy to get into / out of, and it's 120 miles to Manchester.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Totally agree, avoid Mass at all costs if you have a firearm!  Even though a short time in Mass, a traffic stop for any reason and you are screwed!!!  I used to live in Mass, left for Texas in 1980 and never looked back!
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Another option to look into might be shipping the firearms to yourself at Sig and then home.  Under these circumstances I think it's OK, that is there would be no "transfer" since your shipping them to yourself.

As for PVD - I've flow in/out of there with firearms and have had zero issues.  Great airport and option to avoid the Boston mayhem.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
listen to everyone in this thread. Manchester airport is a breeze and you wont have much to worry about with gun laws as they are an open carry state last time I checked.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top