Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2023 11:58:17 AM EDT
I have yet to use this system. Is there a way to get finger prints at my local pd and have the digital file to attach to my atf paperwork? How do you guys do it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You ask them for the eft file and simply upload it under "Electronic Fingerprints"
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to the police dept, they said they don't give me any file. Last time I had to have them print out the prints and mail them. I need a little more guidance please.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That's really it. You need the .eft file, it's the only form of electronic prints the ATF will accept.
Are you paper filing or efiling?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I want to efile but have never done it before and always submitted paper.

The police dept said they issue a barcode. I'm guessing the barcode is something I use at the state level to retrieve my digital fingerprints but I have never done it and can't find info on it. Was hoping someone else had and could tell me how I go about accessing the eft of my prints so I could attach it to my efile.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to fingerprints 101 in Rockyhill. $85 for eft fingerprint file and digital passport photo. In and out in 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got that same recommendation from Delta. Made the appointment. It's easier then dealing with the city and state.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine done at the UPS Store at 1077 Silas Deane HWY in Wethersfield.  Just pick the nearest location, say you don't have a code (unless someone is paying for you) then select ATF fingerprints.  
It is $65.00 and you get your EFT file as soon as you are done.  Just follow the instructions and do not download onto a mobile device.
Make an Appointment for ATF Prints here
You can download the EFT for 24 hours after you open the link.
After submitting your eform form 1, your cover letter from ATF will be marked REC'D

I got my photo at CVS. I just had someone take my picture while I was standing in front of their passport screen with a neutral expression on my face.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick Question for you guys.

I got the eft fingerprints and filed all my paperwork. when I got confirmations one of he attachments was to send fingerprints within 10 days. While filling out the form it said it verified the eft and all was good.

Is the cover letter and fingerprint cards just a generic mail or should I be getting print cards and mailing them in?

thanks if anyone knows you'd be doing me a solid, I'll be pissed if i spent 85 dollars for eft then still had to mail in cards.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The paragraph of instructions is generic.

If your prints were uploaded correctly there will be a box underneath the instructions with your full name and Rec’d will be on the right hand side.

I though the same thing when I submitted mine, but did some searching and found examples of cover letters on line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top