Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2021 1:11:12 AM EDT
My company is based out of Denver and I’ve been there many times (just flew back from there last week actually)..

Long story short I was offered a job internally that would require me to relocate to the Denver area. I’m free to deny the offer of course.

I’m not sure if I should, based on the unknown.. Basically.. as someone who owns multiple suppressors, SBRs and NVGs, is that something I should be concerned about? I’m not super well versed in the gun laws of CO. Especially as it pertains to NFA items.

Should I just avoid the offer?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My company is based out of Denver and I’ve been there many times (just flew back from there last week actually)..

Long story short I was offered a job internally that would require me to relocate to the Denver area. I’m free to deny the offer of course.

I’m not sure if I should, based on the unknown.. Basically.. as someone who owns multiple suppressors, SBRs and NVGs, is that something I should be concerned about? I’m not super well versed in the gun laws of CO. Especially as it pertains to NFA items.

View Quote

I would never, I repeat, fucking NEVER live in Denver.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Live outside of Denver and you will be fine. Moved from TX in 2017 and love it here. Had the stuff you mentioned OP and it isn’t an issue, just make sure to file correct form with the ATF before you move any NFA items out of state.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't move here.  If you do, then stay out of most of the Denver suburbs, too.  Karens were elected to most city council seats and the Ds, who are the majority got rid of our firearms preemption laws.  That means that the Karen councils are set to pass "common sense gun safety."  These useful idiots are about "health and safety" (whatever that moving target is) and give no Fs about "rights and reason."  

Other reasons not move here:
The "public option" just passed
"Free" pre-K is about to ramp-up its $$$ collection
The same for mandatory paid family leave
Oil and gas is almost neutered here
Denver is about to ramp-up its pie in the sky "Energize Denver" social engineering/Luddite plan (it's Green New Deal type of stuff).  One of the professional organizations to which I belong has the draft version of this.  It's both moronic and scary.  Though this is for Denver, its unintended consequences and idiocy will affect the entire state.

In short, I expect the economy here to tank within a few years.  The Fatal Conceit is always accompanied by Dunning-Kruger.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Just don't live in Denver or Boulder and you'll be fine. It's a beautiful state with plenty to do outdoors. Yes there is no shortage of left wing residents and the numbers keep growing but there's still plenty of great things about the state.

Weld county (north of Denver) is still pretty conservative. Colorado Springs and south are more conservative than the Denver area as well.

Finding a decent range within an hour of Denver is pretty much impossible unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't move here.  If you do, then stay out of most of the Denver suburbs, too.  Karens were elected to most city council seats and the Ds, who are the majority got rid of our firearms preemption laws.  That means that the Karen councils are set to pass "common sense gun safety."  These useful idiots are about "health and safety" (whatever that moving target is) and give no Fs about "rights and reason."  

Denver is about to ramp-up its pie in the sky "Energize Denver" social engineering/Luddite plan (it's Green New Deal type of stuff).  One of the professional organizations to which I belong has the draft version of this.  It's both moronic and scary.  Though this is for Denver, its unintended consequences and idiocy will affect the entire state.

In short, I expect the economy here to tank within a few years.  The Fatal Conceit is always accompanied by Dunning-Kruger.
View Quote

Educate me amigo. What is the public option thing?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Finding a decent range within an hour of Denver is pretty much impossible unfortunately.
View Quote

This is my biggest fear honestly..

I enjoy a private tactical range at the moment with bays etc open 24/7 365 as well as a hunting lease I can use my nods at.

Guess I would have to let that go.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a member of an indoor range (only 25M maximum, though, and no .223/5.56), but it's open 24/7 and very often, I'm the only one there.  20 minutes to downtown Denver.

If you like the outdoors, and can afford to live in a decent suburb (Western suburb is my preference), then I say... go for it.  Still a great state despite the tents/derelict campers/trash downtown Denver.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Denver and Boulder would be great places to live if not for the people living there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Educate me amigo. What is the public option thing?
View Quote

The state's healthcare plan.  What could go wrong... beyond it not being a proper role of govt?
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 1:52:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm a member of an indoor range (only 25M maximum, though, and no .223/5.56), but it's open 24/7 and very often, I'm the only one there.  20 minutes to downtown Denver.

If you like the outdoors, and can afford to live in a decent suburb (Western suburb is my preference), then I say... go for it.  Still a great state despite the tents/derelict campers/trash downtown Denver.
View Quote

No 223/5.56?!
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Its very expensive here and getting worse. If you are making excellent money and like the outdoors, consider it. If you can live on the Western Slope, do it. Plan for 700k and up for nice houses. But your version of nice could be different.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I enjoy a private tactical range at the moment with bays etc open 24/7 365 as well as a hunting lease I can use my nods at.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what the national forest is for, and there is plenty of that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just don't live in Denver or Boulder and you'll be fine. It's a beautiful state with plenty to do outdoors. Yes there is no shortage of left wing residents and the numbers keep growing but there's still plenty of great things about the state.

Weld county (north of Denver) is still pretty conservative. Colorado Springs and south are more conservative than the Denver area as well.

View Quote

Colorado Clays isn't too bad up in Brighton
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No 223/5.56?!
View Quote

Cuts down on wear and tear on the backstop I assume.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disagree. Any range that charges by the hour and kicks you off even if no one is waiting is a hard pass.

They also don't allow steel cased or "armor piercing" (i.e. M855) ammo despite being outside.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Disagree. Any range that charges by the hour and kicks you off even if no one is waiting is a hard pass.

They also don't allow steel cased or "armor piercing" (i.e. M855) ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also don't allow steel cased or "armor piercing" (i.e. M855) ammo.

I haven't been chased out after an hour, probably depends on the range master.

The fixed position rifle targets are a bit different...

It's geared more towards fudds sighting in their deer rifles and works in a pinch to check function on a new rifle at distances beyond 50 yards.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Move to Jefferson County. NFA items aren't an issue in CO. Fuck living in Denver.

Evergreen -> Denver is a 40 minute commute and I rarely hit any substantial traffic in the morning. The I25 corridor communities have absolute shit commutes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got property down near Canon City (Fremont County) and will be moving there next year. It's very red, Fuck Biden flags and MAGA signs are abundant.

Rural property tax and minimal income tax will still leave me in much better shape than TX.

I had to got to Denver to take my wife to the airport. Fuck that place with a rusty cactus.

Pueblo is an armpit, but you can buy almost anything for construction there or in Springs.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't count on that. Tens of thousands of acres of USFS lands along the frontrange have been closed to recreational shooting, and likely will be closed for that purpose in perpetuity.  http://www.sportshootingpartners.org/resources/
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

DAMN!  I had a bunch of land outside of Trinidad that I was going to build on, but decided not to and sold it about 10 years ago. It sounds like CO has really changed since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top