Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2021 3:45:09 PM EDT
Last year I got a half and ended up splitting it with 2 family members.  Now I am looking for a quarter myself from a butcher.  Any reputable farms or butchers that you reccomend?  I am in southern WV and all the ones I see are near the panhandles.  I mean if I have to go that far, I will.  This will be for spring 2022.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Try CL or a FB local "farm & garden" type group.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Nelson meat processing in Milton wv does good. Also RLM butcher in harts,wv does great but they are a lil more pricey......the problem is ever since covid hit 2 years ago all the butcher shops have gotten extremely busy. Me n the guys at work use to call a guy with cattle have him haul it to the butcher and we'd split it. But now u gotta call ahead and setup a appointment to have it cut and every time we call they are booked out months ahead.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The WVU Extension Office in your county should have a list of area farms that raise and market beef cattle. Some of those may do custom butchering or have a recommendation based on their experience dealing with local butchers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top