Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2022 8:45:17 PM EDT
Hello Folks,

My 46th Bday is Sunday and the wife wants to go out for a nice steak dinner. We have eaten at indian creek steak house, no impressed over salted steaks, and downtown boise at lock stock and barrel.  I have had steaks at Morton's and several Ruth Chris around the country, and have had good quality eats at both, no complaints at either.  I'm a Rib eye or New York strip guy and the wife prime rib. Yes I know Rib eye and prime rib are the same cut just cooked different.  

Looking for quality recommendations on good quality Prime meat steakhouses here in the valley. Money is no object to this endeavor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]
New place recently opened in Meridian, on Eagle rd. Land Ocean Restaurant.

I personally haven’t been there yet but it looks like a nice place with a quality menu.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Money no object? Check out Chandler's in Boise, definitely fine dining, especially anything off their 'Gold Star' selections, their Wagyu is excellent.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The two times I've been to Barbacoa it was awesome. Hot rock fillet is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Stagecoach Inn on Chinden.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep. Barbacoa is the best "nice" restaurant is Boise, oodles of character you won't get at Ruth Chris', etc. The hot rock steaks are good, decor amazing, the presentation is super fun and definitely above Treasure Valley levels. I usually get the lamb there, and the appetizer octopus grilled with chimichurri is bomb. Tableside guac is good, desserts creative. I just took my daughter there for her birthday last week, which was a reminder to get reservations at an indoor table early.

I've been meaning to try, but can't recommend yet, Anderson Reserve up in Sweet. Sounds like an neat date dining experience paired with a little lovely drive, Yelp reviews are mixed, but darnit, it SHOULD be a super adventure-trip place. https://www.yelp.com/biz/anderson-reserve-sweet

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
The two times I've been to Barbacoa it was awesome. Hot rock fillet is the way to go.

Yep. Barbacoa is the best "nice" restaurant is Boise, oodles of character you won't get at Ruth Chris', etc. The hot rock steaks are good, decor amazing, the presentation is super fun and definitely above Treasure Valley levels. I usually get the lamb there, and the appetizer octopus grilled with chimichurri is bomb. Tableside guac is good, desserts creative. I just took my daughter there for her birthday last week, which was a reminder to get reservations at an indoor table early.

I've been meaning to try, but can't recommend yet, Anderson Reserve up in Sweet. Sounds like an neat date dining experience paired with a little lovely drive, Yelp reviews are mixed, but darnit, it SHOULD be a super adventure-trip place. https://www.yelp.com/biz/anderson-reserve-sweet

Last time I drove through Sweet some guy had his helicopter in the parking lot there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions. Barbacoa looks more up to my style but they don't have prime rib which is the wife's go to.

So we are going to do Chandler's Next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Brickyard at 6th/Main has some pretty damn good steaks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Chandlers is by far the best. Ruth Chris is another top notch spot. Also, Kahootz in Meridian. IMO Barbacoa is extremely overrated. I had their hot rock cowboy ribeye. Nothing special about it and not worth the money. The way it was prepared and the way it tasted was meh. I've made better steaks at home. The whole ambiance of the place was not worthy of the price they command. Chandlers shits all over Barbacoa when it comes to food and experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top