Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2020 8:50:13 PM EDT
I’d like to boost their sales numbers.

NC resident,  what can I purchase in VA tomorrow?

Rules, regs, etc.

Also and nice shops not too far from the border. I’d be heading north from Raleigh.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive bought a few rifles over the years. I found out you can not buy AR lowers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Green Top Sporting Goods just off the Hwy in Richmond is good...very nice selection.  They are at the exit just beyond where I-95 and I-295 (the bypass around Richmond) merge as you are heading to DC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep...and it doesn’t matter if they’re stripped, or complete, or any stage in between.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep...and it doesn’t matter if they’re stripped, or complete, or any stage in between.
Yeah its some weird law they have about selling ARs to out of staters. Sucks cause I’ve found some great deals over the years.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:17:14 AM EDT
[#7]
You can purchase anything in most states.  Generally speaking, if it is a long gun, you can buy and walk out of the store with it.  If it is a handgun, you will need to have it transferred to an FFL in your home state.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:22:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
“Some weird law”?

It’s the Gun Control Act of 1968 which prohibited buying anything out of state and then the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 which made exceptions for long guns.

Pretty major legislation for the firearms industry. Add the NFA of 1934 and you probably have the biggest three pieces of legislation.

And since a lower is an “other firearm” instead of a “long gun”, it’s not exempt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah its some weird law they have about selling ARs to out of staters. Sucks cause I’ve found some great deals over the years.
“Some weird law”?

It’s the Gun Control Act of 1968 which prohibited buying anything out of state and then the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 which made exceptions for long guns.

Pretty major legislation for the firearms industry. Add the NFA of 1934 and you probably have the biggest three pieces of legislation.

And since a lower is an “other firearm” instead of a “long gun”, it’s not exempt.
AR lowers used to be sold to out of staters on a regular basis.  Just a few years ago, the ATF put out a letter forcing dealers to treat AR receiver sales like pistols in a sense.  They didn't require a pistol license, but the purchaser must reside in the same state where the sale took place, and they must be 21, like a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

“Some weird law”?

View Quote
I thought it was a VA thing.  AS you can't buy any AR even a long gun.  Some gun store explained the law to me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry about any hijack here but let what’s posted sink in.
1934, 1968 - various rulings based in those laws over time.

This is where gun owners need to envision the long game.  Didn’t get this way overnight.  Most of us weren’t alive in 1938. Many not in 1968.
Wont be fixed soon.  It’ll always be a struggle.  Push back politically wisely and relentlessly.

Oh and I hope you find something cool to you to buy!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sure you can, just buy 80% lowers

4473s are gross anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top