Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2019 11:37:28 AM EDT
Growing up it seemed ot was never a problem to find an old dirt road or trail to get on and find a good spot to camp, now it seems as if those days have past. I'm looking for some good public land for camping in eastern Kentucky.

I have been doing some checking on the Daniel Boone Backwoods Bypass but not for sure on how bad the trails are. I have a Jeep but I'm not looking to beat and bang up my daily driver too bad.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've run most of DBBB in my 4Runner (32" ATs and open diffs) and while there were a couple of sketchy spots, I think you'd have no trouble making it through with a spotter. I did it by myself because I got tired of my friends bailing on me. It might be a different story after a few days of rain, but it wasn't too hard.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 12:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I have been trying to make some contacts with some of the groups that run the trail a lot but I'm not having any luck. I'm mainly looking for the scenery and camping.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
DBBB was cool but the majority of what I ran was deep woods so I didn't get many views. Fun wheelin though.

Are you a member at expedition portal? There are a few guys from the region who are fairly active that could probably point you in the right direction. I'm just not familiar enough with the area.

(gotta be signed in to view this forum)

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/southeast-sponsored-southeast-expedition-society.84/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top