Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2020 9:18:59 AM EDT
Ok, so anyone that has property in TX in or near any developed area has likely seen their property taxes taking off like a scalded dog the last few years.
There is the local municipality/city, county and the school isd.  Of the 3 (or 4 depending where your at?) the school tax is likely the highest.

Is there any truth to the idea that not all of the "school taxes" are used to fund the schools?  Doesn't that money flow through the state level, then down to the schools?
Even then, sure every highschool doesnt need a $10-50 million stadium?  Are there other things the money is getting used for?

So when I see how much of my property taxes went for the ISD, all of those funds went for funding the school, right?
If not, is the state treating the ISD taxes like a credit card they spend with?

Check this out - what are "unfunded mandates".  
Surely its just a matter of rapid growth of population and real estate valuations....right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDNO45MSAlM
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Tax rates are flat or slightly down around here.  It's property values bubbling from inflation.  But it is interesting on the differences between some municipalities, counties, and ISDs.  Choose wisely.

Edit:  Here's a useful site for comparing in the DFW area:
https://www.hdavidballinger.com/dallas-property-tax.php
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#2]
@mPisi, wow I sorted that list from low to high and it was more or less the opposite of what I expected.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@mPisi, wow I sorted that list from low to high and it was more or less the opposite of what I expected.
View Quote
Wow, good point. Same here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top