Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 11:54:17 AM EDT
I've read this forum for years, so I know this has come up.

Who are you currently using for property/homeowners insurance?

I have Universal Prop and cas, of course my rates increased. My concern is that a friend who is an insurance adjuster recently called them the absolute worst of all the insurance companies. The independent insurance office I use (I know the owner's daughter) said they were great, he uses them and so do all the employees there, no problem getting paid.

My auto insurance (clean record, no accidents) and property insurance (no claims, beyond code home, high up, not in an area that will flood) are not with the same company, so I'm thinking I may shop around for a discount. Tried with auto last year and my friend (who does the auto for her father's office) said all were the same after searching.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
geico for car and condo
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Allstate for condo and auto.

Saved about 600/yr on the condo and 400/yr on auto.  Not sure who my last condo insurance was but for auto it was geico.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Esurance for Car and USAA for home (once its built).

Esurance was like 100 per month cheaper than the next closest
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought USAA got out of the FL market many years ago?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They are definitely quoting and insuring now. I was told that there are a significant amount of costal areas that they WILL NOT insure however.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They just dropped one of my friends. No claims, miles from the water, not in a flood zone, house up to current codes and then some.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They just dropped one of my friends. No claims, miles from the water, not in a flood zone, house up to current codes and then some.
View Quote

I was super surprised on my home insurance quote from USAAA. They were 1000 per month cheaper than the next closest, but almost 300 per month more expensive than Esurance on auto. Even if I bundled it was still going to be 250 more per month. really strange
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was super surprised on my home insurance quote from USAAA. They were 1000 per month cheaper than the next closest, but almost 300 per month more expensive than Esurance on auto. Even if I bundled it was still going to be 250 more per month. really strange
View Quote
My USAA auto insurance is super high, and I'll be shopping around soon since I'm recently married. I'll make sure I check Esurance.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The rates were always higher, but they paid and had great customer service, but I know people who have had USAA for decades and claim that company is not what they once were. Lots of boomers, been with them for years and don't shop around, but complain about the rates, kinda like the cable company. That isn't a knock against boomers.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Frontline - they took very good care of me after Irma!

Rates did jump a lot this year, $2,000 to $2,800.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Allstate
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Allstate
View Quote

They aren't writing in FL anymore, that's who I went to first. They also wanted $500 more for auto, I have clean everything, even the agent couldn't figure out why.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm with Tower Hill, through an Allstate agent.
Had two claims, one for hurricane damage (new roof) and another for a busted pipe (new kitchen) and it went smoothly and they didn't jack my rates.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]
State Farm for both of our cars and homeowners insurance. The homeowners is approximately $600 a year IIRC.

FWIW, Geico was charging my fiancee $213 a month for car insurance on a 2017 Nissan SUV - State Farm is only charging $89.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top