BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Color me shocked.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
introduced.

Case in point, S-8297, Prohibits the advertisement of firearms as combat weapons; exempts the advertisement of such rifles, shotguns, or firearms for the purposes of recreation, hunting, self-defense or other legal uses of such firearms.

Self defense is combat. Maybe not 1000 vs 1000 army tactics but its a version of combat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
1st amendment violation?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 41magluva:
1st amendment violation?
View Quote

They already violate the 2nd, what do they care?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if I've ever seen a gun ad for combat?

"Hey, are you joining the army and need to bring your own gun, buy the new blastomatic 3000!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally will only purchase firearms that are advertised as combat ready.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
1st amendment violation?
View Quote

That's a federal law, NY doesn't recognize those.  I think they've proven that well enough.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I advertised a Delta Elite on Instagram recently by stating "Nothing kills Covid-19 like 10MM killed Covid-19."

Attachment Attached File

And yes, the gun sold
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know if I've ever seen a gun ad for combat?

"Hey, are you joining the army and need to bring your own gun, buy the new blastomatic 3000!"
View Quote
Maybe its for those Soldier of Fortune types?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#10]
As noted above, the already violate the 2nd, not to mention other parts of the 1st, 4th and the 14th. And as sure as a bear $h!ts in the woods, after this law is passed, the 2nd Circuit will declare it fully compliant with the 1st Amendment (probably lifting language for all their rulings against the 2nd Amendment). Thankfully, at least, there is a better chance of SCOTUS taking it on successfully now.

Tomorrow, May 18th, is the scheduled conference where the ten outstanding 2nd Amendment cases will be reviewed by SCOTUS for a possible grant of certiorari. I read an article the other day in one of the local Massachusetts papers talking about the possibility that two of MA's laws are potentially under review. One of course being the MSR ban. I just have to wonder that if cert is granted, will they blink and do what New York State did in order to avoid being the poster child for an expansion of nationwide gun rights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top