Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2018 6:29:11 PM EDT
Theoretically speaking if a manufacturer installed this charging handle conversion piece they could bypass the 1639 laws.  Is that correct?  It would be a simple matter to later install typical parts.

http://www.jlbillet.com/kalikey
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, seems it would circumvent the semi auto "assault weapon" definition.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it just a charging handle that slips over your bcg making it single shot?

ETA: Nevermind, just read the description.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 1:55:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the federal AWB would describe the Assault weapon as having any of the following features, pistol grip, barrel shroud, bayonet lug, collapsible stock, or anything that looks scary.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the federal AWB would describe the Assault weapon as having any of the following features, pistol grip, barrel shroud, bayonet lug, collapsible stock, or anything that looks scary.
View Quote
Not in Washington... it's now anything that is semi auto as a supposed AW.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
What federal AWB?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What federal AWB?
View Quote
I think he's thinking they are just going to duplicate the one from 94to04
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I just pull the bcgs out, store them separately an viola non functioning firearms.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What federal AWB?
View Quote
I said it "would"  not that there is one now,. I'm sure the new Congress will submit one, enough weak Republicans will go along, and I can see Trump signing it in exchange for his wall.  Same one as '94 if not worse.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I said it "would"  not that there is one now,. I'm sure the new Congress will submit one, enough weak Republicans will go along, and I can see Trump signing it in exchange for his wall.  Same one as '94 if not worse.
View Quote
I don't anticipate seeing any new Federal Level AWB coming anytime soon, they told us for 10 years the Clinton ban was a shoe in to be renewed and it wasn't.  Despite the cynical views always expressed around this website, things have changed in the last 25 years as well as two major opinions from the Supreme court on the definitions as well as minor rulings in a few states, which even includes CA stating certain bans were not legal.  I also have a decent feeling about the lawsuits that have started about 1639 and lack of enforcement of I594.

Small victories do add up to be stepping stones to big precedence setting opinions and rulings.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I would feel more comfortable shooting with that if the gas port was blocked. I can see that it deflects gasses off to the side out the port, but there is still about what, 60,000 psi directed toward your face and now the charging handle is firmly connected to the bolt carrier.

I know it should work fine, and no one will get smacked in the face... unless something breaks, wears or gets stuck in just the right way. Then someone is getting smacked in the face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top