Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2020 10:06:30 PM EDT
Does anyone know of or own any private land that would be allowed to shoot on for a day? I would consider use Jay Henges Shooting Range, but it's been closed for a while.  I personally do not enjoy using ranges in the city. Just my preference. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Little indian creek
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Theres also the range at Busch wildlife
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Look on the MDC website.  A lot of places if you are willing to drive.
Local indoor ranges would also appreciate your business.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
What are you wanting to do? and where exactly are ya?

I belong to 67 Gun Club, (not far off HWY 67) just below Farmington, we have pistol ranges out to I think 25 yards and rifle ranges out too 300...

One of these Saturdays when its a bit nicer, I would be willing to get you in as a guest, so you can check out the range and shoot.

It's a fairly small and simple range compared to some of these places, but it has what most folks need and there are some real good folks in the club.  
We have lots of Competitions, so there is something for most everyone.  
The Membership cost is really affordable if you would decide you want to join, but that's up too you.  No pressure.

When I lived in North St. Louis County, I used to drive down here and shoot a lot.
A good friend and I have a cabin, not real far from the range, so that helped out. We'd come down for the weekend, Shoot, Swim, Drink, BBQ, etc..etc...

Thankfully, I've since moved from St. Louis to a bit south of Farmington, so I'm  closer now than I was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a 1/4 acre within the Farmington city limits... You're welcome to come shoot until the swat team shows up. lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got 10 acres in a hollow near Meramec Caverns with a good berm.  Can do a bit over 100yds.  
There is a MDC range near Onandaga Cave State Park or as mentioned Little Indian Creek.
Owensville Gun Club is VERY NICE and worth the membership?
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a MDC range near Onandaga Cave State Park (...in the Huzzah State Forest; I used to go there all the time)
Owensville Gun Club is VERY NICE and worth the membership?
View Quote
Huzzah, with a couple friends, back in the 80s. (Only still pic I have)
Attachment Attached File

Owensville. A friend from here took me once.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:54:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Good ole Pucky Hudle, back in the 60's it was like wilderness down anywhere south of Cuba.
Fished many a weekend in the Huzzah. A few miles below Cherryville.
Pucky General Store had the best local made Poppers for Trout.

Missouri is a Great State to live in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top