Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2022 5:48:41 PM EDT
With the new redistricting, I'm no longer in CD6.  I'm now in CD 4.

Looks like the line moved a smidge north of me to County Line Road.  Good Riddance to Jason Crow!

I'm going on vacation in a week, so I have to drop my ballot off early and I've slacked off on paying attention to the primaries and would appreciate it if everyone can help fill in my knowledge gaps.

So is this Robert Lewis guy worth kicking Ken Buck to the curb?

I'm also wondering who's the pick for Governor? Greg Lopez or Heidi Ganahl?

And if anyone else lives in Dougal County, who do you like for sheriff?  There's 4 names there... John Anderson, Holly Kluth, Lora Thomas, Darren Weekly
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with Lopez for gov, but realistically. Puck one and it won't make a difference anyway. Not a chance Polis will be unseated
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been going through this to figure out the ballot:

https://ivoterguide.com/all-in-state/co

Definitely voting Hanks for senator. He and I know some of the same people and he is a legit 2A staunch supporter and isn't pandering when he discusses issues. He truly holds to the values he espouses.

As for Governor: I think Lopez has a better chance than Ganahl, though unlikely to win. I also find Ganahl's lack of survey response frustrating cus her website sucks. For all I know she is way better than Lopez, but I cannot find that info to verify.

But think of this: who are hispanics and minorities *more* likely to vote for on the gubernatorial ticket: a gay liberal (Polis) or a White woman; a gay liberal or a Hispanic male? Personally, I think the contest is a little more likely in Lopez's favor than Ganahl's in this regard, and I'd love to see Polis booted - even if unlikely.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's Ross Kaminsky's voter guide if anyone is interested.  He makes some good points whether you agree with him or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqjtoupuknicmu7/Ross's%202022%20CO%20Primary%20Election%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's Ross Kaminsky's voter guide if anyone is interested.  He makes some good points whether you agree with him or not.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqjtoupuknicmu7/Ross's%202022%20CO%20Primary%20Election%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

View Quote

Thank you!  Ross is good.  He reasons everything out.  I like Mike Rosen's stuff too, but he rarely does anything for primary season.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
To all you dreamers out there who think it still matters, I wanted to extend my gratitude towards your continued struggle.  

As for the rest of it, the people who actually run Washington DC with an iron fist are preparing to welcome another busload of elected tourists into their midst.  

"Senator, the CEO of Raytheon is here.  He has your check and your new directives for this year...don't forget your 2 o'clock meeting with the FBI to discuss those pictures they have."
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To all you dreamers out there who think it still matters, I wanted to extend my gratitude towards your continued struggle.  

As for the rest of it, the people who actually run Washington DC with an iron fist are preparing to welcome another busload of elected tourists into their midst.  

"Senator, the CEO of Raytheon is here.  He has your check and your new directives for this year...don't forget your 2 o'clock meeting with the FBI to discuss those pictures they have."
View Quote

We have to try. Watching the anti 2A fuckery in the local municipalities should drive home the importance of local and state elections.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Lopez, like Hanks, may be a hell of a guy and pass a conservative purity test.

However,  any time a Republican primary candidate receives significant donations from the democrat party, it's because the dems have decided "this is who we want our candidates to run against."

I think Kaminsky made the same point.

So I voted Ganahl. Who has the added advantage of having won a state election, unlike Lopez.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Not a single person I voted for won. lol
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Democrats are playing 4D chess in their levels of sophistication and sleaze, while the GOP loses in the first round of a hopscotch game.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Not in the case of our primary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top