Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2020 11:35:03 AM EDT
Is there any downside for Republicans to not send in there primary ballot?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Countless thousands of brave men and women have died to preserve your right to vote.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If the ballots are supposed to be secret, I wonder why Bernie Sanders people texted my wife after she didn't put down a party preference on her ballot.  I could understand the voter registration office contacting her, but why would Bernie Sanders people get access to the information that she didn't put down a party preference?
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the ballots are supposed to be secret, I wonder why Bernie Sanders people texted my wife after she didn't put down a party preference on her ballot.  I could understand the voter registration office contacting her, but why would Bernie Sanders people get access to the information that she didn't put down a party preference?
View Quote
I'm not positive, but I think it's a matter of public record.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Your party designation on the outside of the envelope is not private, it is actually a public record.  Either party and/or candidates can use that information to contact you.

With no party designated, her ballot doesn't count.  It can be corrected (my wife got a letter saying she didn't select the party, and could send in the correction.)
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
BOTH parties agreed to what we are seeing.

Part of declaring a party is to give which ever party you choose access to your contact info for campaign purposes.

I will try to find the link.

ETA:  Link to King5 story

From the link:  "The designation, per the legislation, also will be a matter of public record for 60 days.  That means either state party can use the voter database for future elections or fundraising."
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Primary party designation is for that primary election and that primary election only. I selected dem and voted for Tulsi. Because I wanna see exactly how dirty the DNC can get in screwing over both Tulsi (see debate rule changes) and Sanders (because duh, and lol).
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 1:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Why isn't Independent & I'm NOT a fucking Communist a party choice????
Why must it be on the outside of the ballot & not in the secret sleeve????
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:19:51 AM EDT
[#8]
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157644908018545&id=75962858544

My theory is, if your information  is public information for the first 60 days and your family and friends can look it up, that keeps people from going off the reservation even if they wanted to for fear of being chastised.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't really see much use in it as its like 13 commies and only Trump. Of course our vote in the real election will mean just as much in this state but it still feels good
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps the whole idea of forcing a declaration of party is to negate spoiler votes from republicans who would vote for a democrat candidate who doesn't really have a chance of winning.   Many just can't get themselves to declare as democrat, so their vote gets negated.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It's almost as if the two parties run the political mechanisms of the country, and aren't interested in independent voices having any say.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's almost as if the two parties run the political mechanisms of the country, and aren't interested in independent voices having any say.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw the King County election workers unloading the ballot box today and a thought occurred to me.

What's to stop loyal comrades from throwing all envelopes marked Republican in the trash? It's not like there is any privacy on those ballot envelopes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I saw the King County election workers unloading the ballot box today and a thought occurred to me.

What's to stop loyal comrades from throwing all envelopes marked Republican in the trash? It's not like there is any privacy on those ballot envelopes.
View Quote
Professional ethics.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
It wouldn't matter since Trump is the only R candidate. There's no reason to open or count a ballot marked R
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't really see much use in it as its like 13 commies and only Trump. Of course our vote in the real election will mean just as much in this state but it still feels good
View Quote
It will at least add to the popular vote count.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top