Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 9:24:42 PM EDT
District 2 Republicans to choose from.  I'm trying to figure out which one is Most pro 2A and most likely to beat Kuster in the midterm elections in Nov.
The Listed Republicans
Lynne Blankenbeker:  States that she is against expanded backround checks for firearms, supports increased Defense budget and infrastructure. Link to questionaire

Steve Negron: for legalizing small amounts of marijuana, against death penalty.  Against stricter gun laws. Smaller defense budget link

Stewart Levenson: link

Brian Belanger: link

Bob Burns : link

Gerard Beloin: link

Jay Mercer: found nuthin on this guy link

Plan on researching them tonight best as I can.  Anyone have favorites please speak up.

decent overall link here http://www.unionleader.com/article/20180909/NEWS0605/180909519

another good site
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Burns
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Burns seems solid enough but I think Blankenbeker has a better chance of beating Kuster.  I also like strong defense budgets.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Blankenbeker listed no answer on raising purchase age limit.  Red flag.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
JR Hoell calls Negron "the great pretender" and NHFC gave him an F

If you aren't a member of NHFC, go to their website and read the email they sent out

It seems like many of the candidates running for Congress in District 2 are great pretenders when it comes to the Second Amendment.   Especially F (RS) rated Steve Negron.  When asked by debate moderator, Adam Sexton (at 33 minutes) what was his favorite kind of gun to shoot Steve Negron couldn’t even name one. He just said “anybody elses”; wow the great pretender might not even own a gun of his own!
View Quote
I was pleased to hear A*S rated Bob Burns name an FN SCAR and a 1911 pistol.  It looks to me like Bob Burns truly lives a Second Amendment lifestyle by owning and using guns that he was able to identify without hesitation.
View Quote
To play Devil's advocate though, Rick Olson on Granite Grok praises Negron and calls Burns "paper mache" on guns

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2018/08/bob-burns-cd-2-paper-mache-second-amendment-candidate

But let’s be perfectly honest. There is more to the second amendment than being a Paper Mache candidate like Bob Burns. When Bob Burns gave a thumbs up for “red flag laws” during his NHPR interview, I said, “Ah…FUDD!”  Circling the correct letter on a survey is pretty meaningless if you circle all the right ones and support the WRONG issues. Just ask our two former “Republican” State Reps from Exeter. I used to see them at Friends of NRA banquets around the Concord area, glad-handing folks asking for support…only to stab us all in the back later at the State House. He is a red flagger like his pal Andy Sanborn.
View Quote
Granite Grok has endorsed Steve Negron. I support Steve Negron. I have had the opportunity to sit down with Steve, Face to Face, Eye to Eye and spend time with him and ask the questions that affect All of us who drink at that well of the Second Amendment. Steve Negron gets it. Steve Negron also has a stellar voting record. And Steve Negron is solid. I stake my reputation on it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
She did state she was against expansion of background check. Maybe she felt like the subject was covered enough.  Her stance on not impeaching Trump seems like a good sign.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She did state she was against expansion of background check. Maybe she felt like the subject was covered enough.  Her stance on not impeaching Trump seems like a good sign.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I was a pro-2A candidate I think I'd take the five minutes to make that clear on any related questions on the survey.  The lack of an answer says to me that she read the question and decided she didn't want to be held to a position.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I was a pro-2A candidate I think I'd take the five minutes to make that clear on any related questions on the survey.  The lack of an answer says to me that she read the question and decided she didn't want to be held to a position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted for her.  I think she had the best shot at beating Kuster, I hope I don't come to regret it.  She had a number of stances I liked.  Who did/would you prefer?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I voted for her.  I think she had the best shot at beating Kuster, I hope I don't come to regret it.  She had a number of stances I liked.  Who did/would you prefer?
View Quote
NHFC gave her a "D".  Burns got an A.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Oof I may have blown it.  Just don't see where she got the D for?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't remember the article, but I think it was her voting record as a State Rep, mostly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm searching for articles on her and its limited.  Can't get to the NHFC page from here so that will have to wait till I get home to look.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Did my civic duty, took a Dem ballot and voted against that bitch.

Ah shit, rule #1 about Operation Chaos; don't talk about Operation Chaos.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
She skipped out on voting for loaded shotguns and rifles in cars bill  but voted for constitutional carry and authorizing carry on public property.  She supports national reciprocity. So based on her voting record and what I read in limited articles I give her a B.

Link to voting record

ETA: So I'm not having buyers remorse yet...
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
She skipped out on voting for loaded shotguns and rifles in cars bill  but voted for constitutional carry and authorizing carry on public property.  She supports national reciprocity. So based on her voting record and what I read in limited articles I give her a B.

Link to voting record

ETA: So I'm not having buyers remorse yet...
View Quote
Beats me.  I'm fairly new to NH.  NHFC is the no compromise NH version of GOA.  They're pretty strict.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Beats me.  I'm fairly new to NH.  NHFC is the no compromise NH version of GOA.  They're pretty strict.
View Quote
I'm torn on Negron. Not sure why NHFC gave him an "F". You can read his actually voting record here... https://www.lfda.org/candidate/steve-negron
(scroll down).

He's seems relatively solid (Voted for Con Carry and to repeal the ATV prohibition with guns), but doesn't like taking survey's I guess.
Anyway, I voted for Burns yesterday, but the primaries are
over and it's now Negron and Kuster and we need to get rid of Kuster, period.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm torn on Negron. Not sure why NHFC gave him an "F". You can read his actually voting record here... https://www.lfda.org/candidate/steve-negron
(scroll down).

He's seems relatively solid (Voted for Con Carry and to repeal the ATV prohibition with guns), but doesn't like taking survey's I guess.
Anyway, I voted for Burns yesterday, but the primaries are
over and it's now Negron and Kuster and we need to get rid of Kuster, period.
View Quote
I think he doesn't support reciprocity and had some words when asked to take the survey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top