Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2022 9:35:59 AM EDT
Those seem to be the interesting races.

I'll go out of my way to vote against Mace (I know about her supposed military credentials). And Arrington has run an invisible campaign. But Mace turned on Trump after riding his coattails, and cozied up with Liz Cheney right out of the gate. Then had the audacity to shoot a commercial outside Trump Tower.

What's your take? I haven't even heard who's running against Rice. Any other good matchups?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Mace/Arrington race is very interesting.

Arrington is certainly more conservative than Mace, no doubt.

Arrington beat ex governor Sanford in the primary, then lost the fall election to a Democrat in 2018. First time in many years that the congressional district went Democratic.

Some say that Mace is more electable in the fall election. Not sure if that is true or not.

I do know that we can’t lose this district again to a Democrat, that would be awful.

Link Posted: 6/8/2022 3:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there a list for district one or it mace/arrington the only run off?
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Mace/Arrington race is very interesting.

Arrington is certainly more conservative than Mace, no doubt.

Some say that Mace is more electable in the fall election. Not sure if that is true or not.

View Quote

I would never tell someone who to vote for but I will say vote your conscience my friends.  Don't fall for the more electable choice as all that does is reinforce to the politicians that they need to move to the center in order to get elected. This state is truly one of the last bastions of freedom in the whole nation and I refuse to hold my nose when I choose a public servant to legislate on my behalf.  I will no longer take a step back and draw another line in the sand.  If we lose the basic principles of freedom and God given rights in this state there is nowhere else to go. I have seen this happen in very conservative districts in other states where a complete change of leadership and ideology took place over a 20 year period by eroding the foundational principles of conservatism and being forced to accept so so candidates.  Before you know it you won't recognize your state.  There is value in an influx of out of state escapees who have sufffered under tyrannical governance as it brings in individuals who do not want to suffer that same fate a second time.
Secondly, any increase in like minded voters helps polarize the voting public and counter the influx of any looney left voter that may sneak across the border or become woke by our failed educational system.  Democrats running in this state need to be exposed for what they really stand for to motivate the lazy and complacent to get out of their houses and vote for their God given rights. If a dem candidate tries to tell you that they don't support the platform of their party tell them the D next to their name says otherwise.  Off my soapbox
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a list for district one or it mace/arrington the only run off?
View Quote

There are lots of other primary  elections that day too. Starting at the top with governor, school superintendent, SC house etc. I think if you go to the website SCvotes, you can get a sample ballot for your precinct.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the smear mail today. Mace says arrington has voted to raise sc taxes and gas taxes. Arrington is saying mace turned her back on trump. All this junk mail is why i only check my mail once a month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top