Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 10:37:03 AM EDT
Just FYI there's a Primary Election tomorrow.
Get out and vote and whatever you do DO NOT vote for the Gun Grabbing Loudmouth Greek Girl!

Me? I'm Voting Leora Levy, she's the only candidate that can put the funds together to beat Blumenthal.

Vote!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you. She was pretty easy to spot.
Leora or Peter?

Please see below something positive about Leora. For comparison, does anyone have anything to input about Peter?

https://ctmirror.org/2022/08/08/donald-trump-talks-to-leora-levy-supporters-on-day-before-primary/
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"Themis is the name of a goddess who personifies justice, wisdom and good counsel"

Get out and VOTE!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Themis is the name of a goddess who personifies justice, wisdom and good counsel"

Get out and VOTE!
View Quote
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/VOTE/H/2013HV-00020-R00SB01160-HV.htm

Themis voted for CT's AWB post sandy hook. She's a RINO.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Leora is the choice for the 2A minded voter.  I am not sure she is more electable than Themis in a general election against Dick though.  Either one would have a very steep uphill battle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I voted for Levy and Rapini.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I voted for Levy and Rapini.
View Quote

Me too.  I can sleep tonight.  With any luck a train will hit Blumenthal.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:Me too.  I can sleep tonight.  With any luck a train will hit Blumenthal.
View Quote

Slaughter - Up All Night, sleep all day

"Trump-endorsed Leora Levy won the Senate primary."
https://patch.com/connecticut/across-ct/ct-primary-results-senate-treasurer-secretary-state
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's a solid anti gunner who voted for the expanded AWB post Sandy Hook. She's basicly slightly right of Blumy. And she lost yesterday, pretty badly. However voter turnout was only 20% for Republicans yesterday.

Elections Management System
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

She's a solid anti gunner who voted for the expanded AWB post Sandy Hook. She's basicly slightly right of Blumy. And she lost yesterday, pretty badly. However voter turnout was only 20% for Republicans yesterday.

Elections Management System
View Quote

which shows primaries are for the party base and Themis just didn't cut it, she didn't even try actually
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#10]
State is DONE. Levy has NO CHANCE.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Levy's completely unelectable and will lose badly. It's hard to complain about the state going even further to the left when the right votes for people who will definitely lose.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Levy's completely unelectable and will lose badly. It's hard to complain about the state going even further to the left when the right votes for people who will definitely lose.
View Quote

The day before the primary, I took a drive through a bunch of Valley towns; Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Canton, and New Hartford. I was really surprised and impressed by the number of Levy signs that I saw and very surprised by the relative small number of Themis signs.

The reality is, it doesn't really matter who the CT GOP runs - there is no likely chance of them getting Blumenthal's seat. That said, I don't think that she  is going to perform any worse than Themis or any of the more progressive Republicans that could be nominated instead of her. Arguably, the last time that CT GOP could have had a chance at a Senate would have been 2006 (in the hypothetical that the Republican nominee had stepped down and if the Republicans could have gotten Lieberman to agree to be on their ticket in his stead)
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The reality is, it doesn't really matter who the CT GOP runs - there is no likely chance of them getting Blumenthal's seat.
View Quote

This is where I'm at. You could literally take Blumenthal, slap an R after him and he would likely still loose. Themis was polling at least 10% behind Blumenthal. She's solid anti gun. She struck me as a Romney / Cheney style "Republican". Politics at that level (Gov, LT Gov, Senate/House seats) are governed by the five or so large cities in CT which all lean very heavily Democrat and vote lock step with Democrats every election cycle. Themis likely wasn't going to win over enough of those Democratic voters to make a difference. Hell, the Republicans could run Bernie Sanders and he'd likely loose to Blumenthal. Blumey is that well entrenched.

Pretty much the only way a Republican beats Blumey is if large numbers of Democratic and Independent voters get mad about the economy and take it out on Democrats. And even then its even money if Blumey would loose.

Edit to add. I too in liberal areas saw a few Levey signs, no Themis signs. I just get the feeling that some voters (likely Republicans) just have had enough of the usual milquetoast Republican In Name Only candidates we always get here and were looking to vote for someone who wasn't that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Themis hahahahahaha hahahahahaha. Just another Pretty face who could probably be A FOX NEWS Host. Write a book pitch it on TV And make $$$$$. Rinse repeat. We are fucked.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
We are much more likely to elect Republicans for local state office than US Senate or House.  Even when a dem or independent voter may vote for Stefanowski they will also vote for Dick.  

That's how it goes in deep blue states.  Red states will occasionally elect a dem US Senator or House rep.  But blue states will almost NEVER do this.  Look at West Virginia, or Georgia or Arizona or Alabama.  They have ALL voted for dem US Senators.  When is the last time Oregon or Washington or NY voted for a Republican US Senator?  

Look at NH, what a weird state.  Republican trifecta in the state but mostly (or only) elects dems for US Senate and House.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The day before the primary, I took a drive through a bunch of Valley towns; Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Canton, and New Hartford. I was really surprised and impressed by the number of Levy signs that I saw and very surprised by the relative small number of Themis signs.

The reality is, it doesn't really matter who the CT GOP runs - there is no likely chance of them getting Blumenthal's seat. That said, I don't think that she  is going to perform any worse than Themis or any of the more progressive Republicans that could be nominated instead of her. Arguably, the last time that CT GOP could have had a chance at a Senate would have been 2006 (in the hypothetical that the Republican nominee had stepped down and if the Republicans could have gotten Lieberman to agree to be on their ticket in his stead)
View Quote

I don't judge things based off lawn signs. Majority of people on my street are Republicans, with few Democrats around but no one ever puts signs on their front lawns, no matter their party affiliation. It invites crazies to vandalize your property, I don't need that.
I think there is going to be plenty of people voting Republican this election though, but they're not advertising.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We are much more likely to elect Republicans for local state office than US Senate or House.  Even when a dem or independent voter may vote for Stefanowski they will also vote for Dick.  

That's how it goes in deep blue states.  Red states will occasionally elect a dem US Senator or House rep.  But blue states will almost NEVER do this.  Look at West Virginia, or Georgia or Arizona or Alabama.  They have ALL voted for dem US Senators.  When is the last time Oregon or Washington or NY voted for a Republican US Senator?  

Look at NH, what a weird state.  Republican trifecta in the state but mostly (or only) elects dems for US Senate and House.
View Quote

Yup. Litchfield county has been red for a while. I'm curious how this will play out this year with the influx of people from NYC who have been moving to CT. Not saying all of them will vote blue, but probably decent chunk will do that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:Get-out-and-Vote-Tuesday
Bob
View Quote

I did my part: went out to my mail box today (Tuesday, Oct 18) to vote for Karen in Nov 8 election!
(mail-in votes are now available from your town clerk)

Karen, Route 66 (Karen, running for state rep)
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did my part: went out to my mail box today (Tuesday, Oct 18) to vote for Karen in Nov 8 election!
(mail-in votes are now available from your town clerk)

Karen, Route 66 (Karen, running for state rep)
http://karenforthe66th.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/K_R-H_Logo_Tag.png
View Quote

Wife and I are going to vote in November.
This is going to be our last election in CT. Hopefully our votes will help.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I think it is so cool that you all think we have a say.

The people running the voting machines decide who wins.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I think it is so cool that you all think we have a say.

The people running the voting machines decide who wins.
View Quote

Roger that. It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top