Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 8:07:14 PM EDT
I am looking on de-Facebook marketplace at used cargo trailers and the asking prices are more than new by about 20 -30%.  Are people NUTS! I have asked a couple sellers if they would take less and they all say they would only take $2-300 off asking price. I can drive a couple hundred miles to NM or UT and but a new one for much less. Are ppl really this desperate or gullible to be paying these inflated prices for used shit. I guess I am too honest and when I have sold used stuff I have only accepted what that stuff is actually worth and not tried to gouge or make a profit. I just wanted to come here to complain, end of rant.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Used prices for trailers, campers, ATV/UTV’s have been nuts for years and it’s only gotten worse since COVID. I bought a 2016 RZR 1000, a 2017 14’ trailer and sold it all for $750 less than I paid for it all two years and 1200 hard miles later.

I would order a new one or make a run to NM if I were you.

Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Everything is expensive right now.Saw an  2002 xr100 they wanted 2500 bucks that bike was probably 21-2200 new OTD.Look at boats a 20 year old 25 daytona is selling used today for more than they cost new .

I myself aint buying anything so i dont worry im into 550 jet skis those too have shot up but scored on my daughters 94 last year 2200 really clean while a clapped out one was 1200 and up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top