Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The “purge” has begun.

View Quote

Watching the EE, there are some parts I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
My old lantern fetish has seem to taken a turn for the worse this summer even on our trip to Yellowstone/Idaho they followed me home

Link Posted: 8/28/2023 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice find you got there, I always liked those old lanterns and remember using them when I was a kid camping with the family.  We have more of the indoor type antique hurricane lamps at our houses but I think I might have one of the old Coleman fuel pump lanterns that we had growing up somewhere in the garage.
View Quote

I remember them in scouts as a kid in the early 80's but as I confirmed a week ago at scout camp with my youngest son they are no longer allowed at scout camps
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WHAT!!!...So do they only allow battery lanterns now or something?  Is there a merit badge now for being able to change or charge batteries while camping?  I was never in Scouts but was a member of the Y Indian Guides (Y-Nek-Na Nation/Cheyenne tribe) and we didn't have merit badges but everything was a father/son activity and we had to learn all sorts of outdoor skills and activities.
View Quote

Scouts are not what they used to be. They can use propane I guess.

Worked a little every day this week cleaning up a basket case 1930's 228B that someone must of thought was an art project

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WHAT!!!...So do they only allow battery lanterns now or something?  Is there a merit badge now for being able to change or charge batteries while camping?  I was never in Scouts but was a member of the Y Indian Guides (Y-Nek-Na Nation/Cheyenne tribe) and we didn't have merit badges but everything was a father/son activity and we had to learn all sorts of outdoor skills and activities.
View Quote

the Trail Life org split off of BSA starting in 2013 and slowly took a lot of the traditional christian conservative people with them . Then the Mormon church also split off also and created their own program a few years ago, taking more than a third of the remaining enrollment.
both splits allow white fuel lanterns :D
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Went CID gun show last week, and DSM on Saturday. First ones since COVID. Mostly full of vendors, moderate crowds. It was good to see some old friends, but missed some as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top