Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2023 7:05:21 AM EDT
Me? pretty much nothing. Physical therapy and VA comp and pen appointments. Injured my left foot pretty badly last week so I've been staying home from PT. Internet shopping, but not actually buying. Need a new lower but haven't heard back from the local FFL, so I haven't ordered it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Went back to my side hustle (Heavy Equipment) this week doing street surface removals just in time for a bunch of rain next week LOL, pipe guys can have at it when I am done.  With this crappy weather mostly staying in the shop at home fixing up/painting and doing maintenance on trailers/equipment and other projects  Trying to get everything done I can inside before the weather is good and can start working outside around the house/farm.  

If anyone has any proven shooting bench plans let me know, that and a portable HD workbench and at least one deer stand are on my short list of things to get built this spring.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Plowing snow and buying guns.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a Hi-Point 10mm a couple weeks ago and had to have it. Haven't shot it yet.

And to prove I have good guns too...Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Plowing snow and sitting at home. Have been out a few times to gunshops and went shooting two weekends ago for the first time since the beginning of December.

ETA. been buying some optics and other accessories and picked up an HK 45T today.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found a Hi-Point 10mm a couple weeks ago and had to have it. Haven't shot it yet.

And to prove I have good guns too...https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146284/20220812_234354_jpg-2750950.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Plowing snow and sitting at home. Have been out a few times to gunshops and went shooting two weekends ago for the first time since the beginning of December.

ETA. been buying some optics and other accessories and picked up an HK 45T today.
View Quote

Sweet
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Worked the Iowa Firearms Coalition booth at the state fair gun show last weekend and at Crossroads  Shooting Sports today and been building fishing rods. Boat is all ready and I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon when it gets above freezing.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Been busy getting people to sign up for a charter bus ride to the MN capitol this coming Sat March 25

The Dem’s have control of everything this year. California/New York style gun control

We are Fucked, unless we can get 1 Dem senator to go against his whole party.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Worked the Iowa Firearms Coalition booth at the state fair gun show last weekend and at Crossroads  Shooting Sports today and been building fishing rods. Boat is all ready and I'm hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon when it gets above freezing.
https://i.imgur.com/iUbvXi7.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/uQN0jZX.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/gLLUeiA.jpeg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Been busy getting people to sign up for a charter bus ride to the MN capitol this coming Sat March 25

The Dem’s have control of everything this year. California/New York style gun control

We are Fucked, unless we can get 1 Dem senator to go against his whole party.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And to prove I have good guns too...https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146284/20220812_234354_jpg-2750950.JPG
View Quote

@shack357 pistol or carbine?

I've wanted one of the carbines for a long time but to play with but now bear creek has their 10mm that takes glock mags I'll probably get that. Love me some 10mm

We're busy working on tractors planter sprayers gator mowers ect getting ready for spring if the weather ever stops sucking
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've wanted one of the carbines for a long time but to play with but now bear creek has their 10mm that takes glock mags I'll probably get that. Love me some 10mm

We're busy working on tractors planter sprayers gator mowers ect getting ready for spring if the weather ever stops sucking
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistol, but the carbines show up fairly reliably at Hart's and Matt Ross's shop in Charles City.

And I wish you hadn't told me about the Bear Creek.  That's 2 new guns I need, between that and the .45-70 Bond Arms just dropped.

@Iowaredneck
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#13]
My mom passed away so between plowing snow and getting ready for landscape season, been dealing with that
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My mom passed away so between plowing snow and getting ready for landscape season, been dealing with that
View Quote

Sorry to hear that man
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that man
View Quote

Thank you.  She lasted 9 days under hospice care.  I was there when she passed.  Strong woman. Her dad,
My grandfather, was a WP grad in 42, colonel in the army which is probably why she lasted as long as she did
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Had premature twins, lived at the UI hospital NICU for 7 months, finally home, new job (same company).

Life's been....busy
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Had premature twins, lived at the UI hospital NICU for 7 months, finally home, new job (same company).

Life's been....busy
View Quote
we could have crossed paths. I was in ICU then Recovery from July 8 til July 21. Been back quite a few times since then. That is a great place for medical care.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Just missed you. We were there Aug 2 - Feb 2.

Staff there were great for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Just looking forward to summer.  Maybe beat the lawn into some kind of respectable shape.  Get some odd jobs done.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trying to go through things and clean out our house as the wife wants it listed by 1 October.  She got the upstairs cleared out except for the bed and armoire, daughter has to get the remainder of her stuff out of her bedroom and then it's done.  Main floor is what I'm working on and it's going VERY slowly.  Then I get to tackle the main attraction: the basement that is full of stuff and also houses everything that is called the "booger bunker".  Once that's done there is a 2-car garage that only has room for the car and two motorcycles (have to sell bikes) as it's full.  Yep...I'm busy.
View Quote

Well I will offer up my assistance in exchange for part kits and ammo, it's just less stuff you have to move...
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trying to go through things and clean out our house as the wife wants it listed by 1 October.  She got the upstairs cleared out except for the bed and armoire, daughter has to get the remainder of her stuff out of her bedroom and then it's done.  Main floor is what I'm working on and it's going VERY slowly.  Then I get to tackle the main attraction: the basement that is full of stuff and also houses everything that is called the "booger bunker".  Once that's done there is a 2-car garage that only has room for the car and two motorcycles (have to sell bikes) as it's full.  Yep...I'm busy.
View Quote
I could come down and supervise. In exchange for some parts. I'd even let you shoot my Fifty.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Finished up mom's estate finally (family can be so overrated).  Need to give serious consideration to retirement.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You guys are just too kind!
View Quote

I'm in sudden need of some metric FAL mags and I have a pickup. Just saying
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The sudden need for metric FAL mags was YEARS ago when "cheap" surplus was available and DSA was selling sealed cases of NIW mags for $100.

So what FAL did you buy that you need mags for?
View Quote

DSA Para-FAL.

I should have looked at mag prices first but it was kind of an impulse buy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've got a Stg-58 and another FAL that was "tricked out" to be a Match shooter from the guy I bought it from but I've never shot either one...I know no surprise there.  I do have 3 complete FAL parts kits but haven't done anything with them since I haven't shot the others yet.  I got Steyr mags (witness holes in the back), factory mags and even some of the aluminum mags intended for the Para FAL.  Your Para FAL is something I've always wanted to have and could use one of the kits to have it done but the parts to do so are $$, so a FAL pistol would be a fun one to have on the firing line next to a liberal whenever they would try to talk.  Of course a full auto FAL off a bipod would be a lot of fun to have as well with one of the kits.

But in the meantime I've been battling having the shingles since last Wednesday and have a lot of time to think and rethink things since I haven't been able to do anything constructive around the house and being at work today is killing me with our duty vest riding on and rubbing against the affected areas.  I can't wait to get home and lay on the bed under the ceiling fan to "cool" things down.
View Quote

Been looking at FALs for a while now.  Scary market, never quite sure what you're getting.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've got a Stg-58 and another FAL that was "tricked out" to be a Match shooter from the guy I bought it from but I've never shot either one...I know no surprise there.  I do have 3 complete FAL parts kits but haven't done anything with them since I haven't shot the others yet.  I got Steyr mags (witness holes in the back), factory mags and even some of the aluminum mags intended for the Para FAL.  Your Para FAL is something I've always wanted to have and could use one of the kits to have it done but the parts to do so are $$, so a FAL pistol would be a fun one to have on the firing line next to a liberal whenever they would try to talk.  Of course a full auto FAL off a bipod would be a lot of fun to have as well with one of the kits.

But in the meantime I've been battling having the shingles since last Wednesday and have a lot of time to think and rethink things since I haven't been able to do anything constructive around the house and being at work today is killing me with our duty vest riding on and rubbing against the affected areas.  I can't wait to get home and lay on the bed under the ceiling fan to "cool" things down.
View Quote

Oof. Hope you get better soon, that sucks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Had a hell of a deal fall into my lap. .500 and about 70 rounds of ammo, even trade for a Garand that I had $730 in.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Life's been....busy
View Quote

Congratulations and hang in there!  We were in the same situation in 2012.  It’s tough but enjoy every day,  one day you’ll look back and wonder where 10 years have gone!
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Time to find out what's going on with everyone's life again and get some traffic going in the IA HTF.

My shingles are gone but still having lingering issues with the nerves flaring up and especially now with my lower right back spasms of the sciatic nerve that are very common now when getting up/down or rotating the hips.  I moved the daughter to a new apartment in Cedar Falls yester day and I'm feeling it today, getting in and out of a U-Haul and carrying items is overrated.  Was hoping to having a relaxing day and sleep in a little bit today but work called last night and now I'm working an overtime.  I got my '66 GTO back from a friends shop last Wednesday and am looking forward to getting it out and enjoying it this summer and fall with the wife.  I have not been to the Cruise to the Woods Car Show in years and look forward to being able to do that again in October with the GTO.  

BREAKING NEWS: Potential new 4-wheeled addition to the booger garage in the distant future requiring substantial funds...thus mass liquidation of the booger bunker will be needed and has already started.
View Quote

Glad you beat the shingles but sucks it led to other issues.

Cool car. I wonder if @Inspector2211 goes to that car show?

I also wonder whats for sale in from the booger bunker.

PS: I found some FAL mags in a combination of the EE and gunbroker. Now ask me if I would have impulse bought a FAL if I had known mags were so expensive.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Aluminum Para mags as well?  If you need more FAL mags, I know someone.

Impulse buy of a firearm you say...ask me about owning hundreds of mags and parts for guns I don't have, never have or will own?!  Game over...I win!  

As far as items sold from the booger bunker it has ranged from AK to ZK so far but have to learn how to post pictures to really get the ball rolling.
View Quote

Oh I know you won the senseless gun part buying game.

Let me know if you need help with posting pictures in your adds or something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Glad you beat the shingles but sucks it led to other issues.

Cool car. I wonder if @Inspector2211 goes to that car show?

I also wonder whats for sale in from the booger bunker.

PS: I found some FAL mags in a combination of the EE and gunbroker. Now ask me if I would have impulse bought a FAL if I had known mags were so expensive.
View Quote

I have been to Cruise to the Woods before.  Good show.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You find some aluminum Para mags as well?  If you need more FAL mags, I may know someone.

Impulse buy of a firearm you say...ask me about owning hundreds of mags and parts for guns I don't have, never have or will own?!  Game over...I win!  

As far as items sold from the booger bunker it has ranged from AK to ZK so far but have to learn how to post pictures to really get the ball rolling.
View Quote

Speaking of impulse buys of firearms, did you EVER shoot that 10/22 takedown?
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You find some aluminum Para mags as well?  If you need more FAL mags, I may know someone.

Im not convinced he's actually shot a gun since like the 90s.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Time to find out what's going on with everyone's life again and get some traffic going in the IA HTF.

My shingles are gone but still having lingering issues with the nerves flaring up and especially now with my lower right back spasms of the sciatic nerve that are very common now when getting up/down or rotating the hips.  I moved the daughter to a new apartment in Cedar Falls yester day and I'm feeling it today, getting in and out of a U-Haul and carrying items is overrated.  Was hoping to having a relaxing day and sleep in a little bit today but work called last night and now I'm working an overtime.  I got my '66 GTO back from a friends shop last Wednesday and am looking forward to getting it out and enjoying it this summer and fall with the wife.  I have not been to the Cruise to the Woods Car Show in years and look forward to being able to do that again in October with the GTO.  

BREAKING NEWS: Potential new 4-wheeled addition to the booger garage in the distant future requiring substantial funds...thus mass liquidation of the booger bunker will be needed and has already started.
View Quote

Been learning as i go about supplements over the past years, first thing i think of reading this is host defense mushrooms. Not cheap as it should be more so, but it could apply well to the recovery being that it has immune boosting/antiviral properties as well as other stuff with neuron/inflammation/o2 etc.
Just make sure to check interactions with current meds and ymmv.

Been slimming down and getting fit, in body, mind and possessions as i go... spent alot of the last month around home and work.

Took a much needed break from here, wonderful to see some of the same good people i remember
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I started fishing and slinging shit one ebay

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Nice frying size!

Went to Irishfest in Lacrosse yesterday to see the Harp Twins. Guns n Roses, Metallica, Rolling Stones and a bunch of others, played on harps. Meet and greet after the show, light in the tent sucked for pictures but they took pictures with anyone who wanted to. My daughter even got a hug from them.
Attachment Attached File

Very good show and they definitely show appreciation for their fans.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I put five 12” Tiger Muskies in our small pond (1 1/2 acres) to slowly take care of our largemouth bass overpopulation problem, I threw in 10 pounds of golden shiners and 6 grass carp at the same time to help with the pond as well.  I’m in no hurry as the 5 1/2 acre pond doesn’t have that overpopulation problem but need to add some young grass carp to replace the large dead ones that washed ashore and eaten by the raccoons.

Although I have a LONG way to go…I’ve actually put my first item on the EE to sell from the booger bunker!
View Quote

That'll do it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I put five 12” Tiger Muskies in our small pond (1 1/2 acres) to slowly take care of our largemouth bass overpopulation problem, I threw in 10 pounds of golden shiners and 6 grass carp at the same time to help with the pond as well.  I’m in no hurry as the 5 1/2 acre pond doesn’t have that overpopulation problem but need to add some young grass carp to replace the large dead ones that washed ashore and eaten by the raccoons.

Although I have a LONG way to go…I’ve actually put my first item on the EE to sell from the booger bunker!
View Quote

I know Im beating a dead horse but gunlisting is a pretty happining place, even though the website sucks out loud.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have it on good authority that something very interesting has been purged (SOLD) from the dark recesses of the rarely entered Booger Bunker.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top