Good luck tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Nice meeting you NoLo
Good luck tomorrow
View Quote

Good seeing you all as well. Unfortunately being hearing impaired I didn’t pick up a lot of names… and my capacity for remembering them is awful as well.

Great dinner among brothers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Good seeing you all as well. Unfortunately being hearing impaired I didn’t pick up a lot of names… and my capacity for remembering them is awful as well.

Great dinner among brothers.
View Quote

It's definitely louder there than the private room at the normal place. Glad I left the ammo in the car this time. I doubt that the wait staff and a half dozen other tables would have stayed calm at the sight of a couple dozen boxes of ammo being passed out at our table
The food just about put me in a food coma by the time I finished the steak
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck tomorrow Guy's .
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
It was an honor and a privilege as always to break bread with all of you again.

Smash them tomorrow, Nolo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

A work of art.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I get a kick out of informing those outside of the derp curtain about all the stupid laws that ruin an otherwise fairly nice state.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CatskillDraht] [#11]
Thanks for all your efforts Nolo. Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#12]
It blows my mind how a document like that can be put together. All the references, too. Bravo.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck and many thanks for what you do Nolo.  All the best tomorrow!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Grant no quarter.  Best of luck today!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Meathook:
Grant no quarter.  Best of luck today!!!!
View Quote
With inflation, it would be at least fitty cent.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks once again for last night and for all NOLO does. Hopefully today is a huge win for the good guys!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#17]
That was a literary masterpiece! Loved to see each of the defendant's arguments torn apart.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#18]
I sure hope logic trumps emotion today.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dopple:
I sure hope logic trumps emotion today.
View Quote
Me too, but that's a lot to ask of from a Democrat, especially a NY Democrat.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Good luck. And thank you for fighting for us, our state and our country.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ll let Steve do the play by play, but Cliff Notes, the Superintendent of State Police was a no show. Judge offered to subpoena him but Nolo declined probably because it would delay the process and might prevent a timely ruling on the motion.

A lot of shucking and jiving by the defense and I got the distinct feeling that the judge was not happy and his questions were very pointed, particularly on the social media review requirement and how that could chill speech and possibly open people to charges if the reviewing officer felt the messages were potentially criminal.

Very I retesting experience for sure!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ll let Steve do the play by play, but Cliff Notes, the Superintendent of State Police was a no show. Judge offered to subpoena him but Nolo declined probably because it would delay the process and might prevent a timely ruling on the motion.

A lot of shucking and jiving by the defense and I got the distinct feeling that the judge was not happy and his questions were very pointed, particularly on the social media review requirement and how that could chill speech and possibly open people to charges if the reviewing officer felt the messages were potentially criminal.

Very I retesting experience for sure!
View Quote

Is it still ongoing or is the hearing done for today , thanks .
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the brief recap, Hiram.  Fingers crossed for a favorable outcome for us.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Waiting to hear Nolo's opinion on the hearing.  Based upon the focus of the Judge's questions you can generally get a sense of where the Court is leaning on the issues presented.  Cautiously optimistic with fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Thanks for your amazingly thorough work and dedication to this cause. We and the rest of the people in NY who enjoy our God given freedoms owe you big time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m at lunch with Nolo and Ivan.

We will have a decision on the injunction by September 1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Interested neighbor here. Is it good or bad that the Superintendent didn't show?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Toker_:

Interested neighbor here. Is it good or bad that the Superintendent didn't show?
View Quote

Can’t be deposed if you’re not on the stand.

Just delays the inevitable for everyone and puts the judges promised decision by 9/1 under further duress.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: widerstehe] [#31]
I’ll let Steve do the play by play, but Cliff Notes, the Superintendent of State Police was a no show.
View Quote

What a fucking scumbag move.  I hope he couldn't make it on account of unsuccessful emergency Stage IV ass cancer treatment.  Piece of shit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#32]
These fuckers are all afraid of too much freedom.  It still blows my mind the gymnastics that are performed to limit freedom and deny a constitutionally enshrined right.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Adirondack47:

Can’t be deposed if you’re not on the stand.

Just delays the inevitable for everyone and puts the judges promised decision by 9/1 under further duress.
View Quote

Gun stores have been told that ammunition must be stored behind the counter, now if your a gun store I'd like to think

that they would want to know ASAP as it's no easy task rearranging your store with new shelving and the like by September 1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#35]
Well done on the reply Nolo/GOA. Nailed every point.

The judge would be a fool to allow a single part of this law to stand.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#36]
What is this I'm hearing about Antonyuk [plaintiff] admitting that there is no burden to ask permission to carry in a private establishment.

Uhhh... come again? Might as well light that 40+ pages on fire if thats the case, unless I'm understanding that wrong.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the update, and thanks NOLO for fighting the good fight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DaveM4P99] [#38]
Originally Posted By slow3v:
What is this I'm hearing about Antonyuk [plaintiff] admitting that there is no burden to ask permission to carry in a private establishment.

Uhhh... come again? Might as well light that 40+ pages on fire if thats the case, unless I'm understanding that wrong.
View Quote

So if I'm on a road trip from buffalo to long island, I have to call every restaurant, gas station and bathroom stop on the route to ask for permission to carry there? That is no burden?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fp1201] [#39]
Originally Posted By slow3v:

View Quote

Does "asking" IF it's OK to Carry Concealed in an establishment or other "sensitive" location not verbally expose the fact that you are or likely are carrying a Firearm?  

For those of you inclined to READ the entire Law (and I strongly suggest you do despite its length) AFAIK this IS the final iteration, but if I'm wrong PLEASE make it known:
https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2021/S51001
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Constitutional rights are implied on private property unless expressly forbidden with a clear sign...

And even then, it shouldn't be a state punishment if you carry against the wishes of a private property owner...only trespassing if you refuse to leave.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:47:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

So keep this in mind.  Ivan speak ukranian, russian and a bunch of other slavic languages.  English is not his first or even his fifth language.  the question was "what is the harm" in asking if you can carry.  not, is it a burden to ask.  of course it is a burden.  But the question was "what is the harm" in asking someone if you can carry in their business.  not whether it is a burden.
View Quote
Thank you for clarification on this!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#43]
So... does one need to ask in English, or can someone ask in some obscure language and nod their head while asking to get an affirmative response to the question?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#44]
This hearing has made the NYC news. WCBS 880 has been reporting on it taking place in Syracuse today. Little details other than saying it is challenging where you can carry in New York City Of course the entire world revolves around NYC so that is the way it is reported.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#45]
What’s the message sent from NYSP to Upstate gun owners?  Might there be a trust issue?  How will NYSP commitment to law and order be perceived?
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Abom:
What’s the message sent from NYSP to Upstate gun owners?  Might there be a trust issue?  How will NYSP commitment to law and order be perceived?
View Quote

They they care enough about our rights to not even show up. That's the message.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Can't wait for the AAR!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Thank you for what you are doing.
Page / 54
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top