Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2022 10:49:28 PM EDT
Who is the preferred Class 3 dealer in New Mexico?

I am looking at purchasing 3-4 suppressors from Hansohn Brothers within the next couple of weeks. They'll be transferred on Form 3 to a New Mexico shop. I'll want that shop to eFile for me on a Form 4. eFile is important.

A local shop to me wants $100+ per suppressor and I'm not excited about that.

Who have you worked with that was a reasonable price on transfers that you enjoyed working with?

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the insight. "No transfer fee if you buy from us" is mostly what I'm seeing, but buying from their in-stock items or via Silencer Shop adds sales tax to the equation. At least one online retailer I've found has the 3 cans I want in-stock at great prices and doesn't appear to charge NM sales tax.

A $40 one-time kiosk fee, a $25 Form 4 fee per item, and a $75 transfer/storage fee per item is what I'm looking at then. I know suppressors are not a poor man's game, but adding $340 to the expense of three cans is hard to swallow. I'd rather pay some fees to a FFL to facilitate the purchase, but fees 2x the cost of the sales tax I'm trying to avoid isn't logical.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top