BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rhetorical question?   Because the answer is yes.    Yes they do very much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While lots of stuff can be 'sensibly' regulated and pass COTUS muster - they don't think it's actually possible to limit how much of a legal product I want to spend my money buying, do they??
Rhetorical question?   Because the answer is yes.    Yes they do very much.
It was not. I figured (hoped?) the idiocy stopped just short of CLEAR infraction on my ability to buy a legal product.

Well, OK then. Time to dig in, huh gents?
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It was not. I figured (hoped?) the idiocy stopped just short of CLEAR infraction on my ability to buy a legal product.

View Quote
Yep.  Every man will need to make his own decisions.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
As an example

HB1470 - Shell Bill - HFA1 Luis Arroyo D CRIMINAL LAW-TECH
NOT a domestic battery bill but a rip and replace shell bill.
Synopsis.
Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Changes references in the statute on unlawful sale of firearms from "sell" or "give" to "transfer". Prohibits multiple sales of handguns within a 30-day period. Creates the offense of unlawful acquisition of handguns.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've had my FOID for 46 years, followed every rule to the letter. I set up an appointment this week to sell the majority of my collection to Cabelas. It's over in Illinois every pol that matters is coming for us. I'm not sitting around huffing and puffing about my cold dead hands. I'll take what they offer and just play with my revolvers from now on.
View Quote
This idea has gotten a lot of grief from everyone, but I get where he's coming from. A lot of people I know are voting with their feet, but that's not something all of us can do before, say, February or March. Beyond that, I don't think anywhere you can go will be safe forever, or for long, frankly. Anywhere with a decent standard of living has growing urban centers that produce that cashflow and jobs, and all of the shitty laws that come with it.

For those who are potentially staring multiple felonies in the face in a few weeks, what's your plan B? I'm genuinely curious.

Some have land outside the state....that's one approach.

Maybe there are (or will be) storage units in friendly neighboring states where your stuff could sit. This is something I am considering, if push comes to shove.

Maybe we would get a temporary injunction and have a "stay of execution" while we litigate, but that outcome is far from certain.

You can do nothing, and roll the dice, but if you get caught by the right people, I would expect the full force of the law to come down on you. It's pretty pathetic that they will destroy innocent people's lives to enforce stupid laws, and give a pass to the violent murderers in Chicago who commit gun crimes repeatedly.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a very distressing time for gun owners in Illinois. Most have no idea what’s coming and don’t really care. The vast majority are not going anywhere. Banned items will go into deep storage or sold. Talk to LEOs you know well. Time is their tool of first choice, they will round up stuff when they negatively interact with us on a limited scale. Over time most items will come out of circulation peacefully, quietly. They will not come storming through the front  door at night, They’ll wait for your heirs to turn them in. The Grabbers have the time, money and momentum now, one state at a time is there plan at this point but a national ban and turn in / buy back is possible . Times are slowly changing, a good number of candidates won by demonizing the NRA. I feel I’m an anachronism, something out of place in the time I live in. Never thought we would come so far and be as close to loosing it all in such a short time frame. Not much one can do about it now but we have to try.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a very distressing time for gun owners in Illinois. Most have no idea what’s coming and don’t really care. The vast majority are not going anywhere. Banned items will go into deep storage or sold. Talk to LEOs you know well. Time is their tool of first choice, they will round up stuff when they negatively interact with us on a limited scale. Over time most items will come out of circulation peacefully, quietly. They will not come storming through the front  door at night, They’ll wait for your heirs to turn them in. The Grabbers have the time, money and momentum now, one state at a time is there plan at this point but a national ban and turn in / buy back is possible . Times are slowly changing, a good number of candidates won by demonizing the NRA. I feel I’m an anachronism, something out of place in the time I live in. Never thought we would come so far and be as close to loosing it all in such a short time frame. Not much one can do about it now but we have to try.
View Quote
I had relatives who fought against this kind of Government going back to the American Revolution…..who would of thought there would be Americans who merely vote them into office.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top