Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2023 12:40:16 AM EDT
1/28/23 approximately 9:38pm. Close to fox farm road and 81.

I can see six powerful….spotlights(?) pointed straight up into the sky and six more of I look in the other direction. I can post a video if need be.

Anyone know what they are?

Edit:

They look brighter in person
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
9:43pm. Now they are fading on and off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just normal lights (street, permiter lighting, security, etc) focusing up through ice crystals.

Pretty common.
View Quote

Huh. I’ve never seen them before. Even when it’s snowing or foggy.

How come they are turning on and off and now they they’ve been off for about ten minutes?

It also looks like smoke is coming from where the brighter lights were now….
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just normal lights (street, permiter lighting, security, etc) focusing up through ice crystals.

Pretty common.
View Quote

Yep. Very common to see when a really lite snow/ice is falling. When I used to drive nights, you'd see it all the time. No Aliens...too cold LOL.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Mystery solved!

Now let’s talk about that snow camo truck in the first pic. It has caught my attention…
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mystery solved!

Now let’s talk about that snow camo truck in the first pic. It has caught my attention…
View Quote

It’s mine. I just putz around with it while I’m bored. I think I have a YouTube video I put up on it…

Video walk around

The lights are for when my family and I go camping. Despite my sincerest efforts I can’t get my wife and daughter out of the house early enough so I’m not stuck putting up the tent in the dark. I thought about getting a generator to power lights but that’s expensive, one more heavy thing to bring and gas.  The roof lights fit the bill perfectly. I’m going to install a second battery so I don’t have to worry about killing my main battery.

More pics:
Snow pic
Pic 2
Pic 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:51:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s mine. I just putz around with it while I’m bored. I think I have a YouTube video I put up on it…

Video walk around

The lights are for when my family and I go camping. Despite my sincerest efforts I can’t get my wife and daughter out of the house early enough so I’m not stuck putting up the tent in the dark. I thought about getting a generator to power lights but that’s expensive, one more heavy thing to bring and gas.  The roof lights fit the bill perfectly. I’m going to install a second battery so I don’t have to worry about killing my main battery.

More pics:
Snow pic
Pic 2
Pic 3
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mystery solved!

Video walk around

More pics:
Snow pic
Pic 2
Pic 3

I love it! I like the lights. Being able to see stuff in the dark is good. I’ll keep an eye for it come spring time since I doubt I’ll find you in the winter.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I love it! I like the lights. Being able to see stuff in the dark is good. I’ll keep an eye for it come spring time since I doubt I’ll find you in the winter.
View Quote

Yeah, they are bright!  We need to hook up and go shooting!
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We definitely need a hometown range session. Maybe the WY old hands can show us new hands the good spots.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:16:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Literally most of the state is a good spot.  Pick up a
BLM guide to public use lands and have at it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Long range?
View Quote

I don’t have any long rage options but I would love to see how far I could reliably make hits with my FAL with a 1-6 on it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don’t have any long rage options but I would love to see how far I could reliably make hits with my FAL with a 1-6 on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Long range?

Other than a 1-6 Razor on a 13.7” rifle, I don’t have anything long range either but I’m hoping to change that sooner rather than later.

I prefer to miss my targets closer up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 2:58:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Other than a 1-6 Razor on a 13.7” rifle, I don’t have anything long range either but I’m hoping to change that sooner rather than later.

I prefer to miss my targets closer up.
View Quote

Awesome. We can get together and see who sucks the most at long range! lol.

I’m excited. We’ve got to get a shoot worked out and have people come.

Maybe make it an overnight camp out. We can bust out the NV and thermal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top