Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2021 9:47:43 AM EDT
Winds were steady throughout the evening then got really heavy here in East Pierce. Power finally went out around midnight. I drove the mountain highway from outside Eatonville all the way to 512 in Parkland. Be careful out there, people were running dark signals like crazy. The whole road was green with branches and fir needles. Radio said 400k+ without power in the Puget Sound area.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Key Peninsula got fucked up. Trees down everywhere. Power out from around 11 until around 4. Had a large branch drop on my camping trailer and dent the corner cap. I haven't assessed all the damage yet as it's still dark.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I slept through it all, made coffee on my jetboil.

Crews didn’t start working it until recently since winds were still high.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Semi was almost blown off the Deception Pass bridge. I've driven across this bridge a few times, that truck driver had a Come to Jesus experience there.....

SR20 closed at Deception Pass
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I got lucky, only had the power flicker. Lots of branches across the yard, but nothing too big fell.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I made pancakes on the outdoor grill. Once it got light I got the generator out, of course it would not start. Spent an hour getting it running, then 20 minutes later the power came back on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semi was almost blown off the Deception Pass bridge. I've driven across this bridge a few times, that truck driver had a Come to Jesus experience there.....

SR20 closed at Deception Pass
View Quote

The pucker factor is Yuge
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got it back in the Lakemont area of Bellevue, been DOA since midnight
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
We got power back around 230 yesterday in Kitsap. Was nice to take out all the emergency gear. Lanterns, propane heater, stoves. We were just fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom lives north of Woolley, they are stating Saturday evening before they get the power back on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Power was out in Kirkland for 18 hours.

I hate throwing out everything in the fridge, but I still remember the last time I had food poisoning...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hate throwing out everything in the fridge, but I still remember the last time I had food poisoning...
View Quote

My fridge would still be good for 18 hours.

Maybe a small HF generator would help you if your super concerned. Run it every few hours to let the fridge and freezer do their thing. Conserve fuel. etc...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Maybe a small HF generator would help you if your super concerned. Run it every few hours to let the fridge and freezer do their thing. Conserve fuel. etc...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People don't think microbiology be like it is, but it do.
https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/food-safety-during-a-power-outage.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're throwing out food. Incurring any unusual living expenses or have damage from limbs and are considering filing a claim, document everything you can. These little things can apply towards deductibles for the repairs you really need.

Limbs or trees on structures have a much larger pool of money for removal than trees or limbs in the yard. Some policies allow for removal of trees down on sidewalks. If you have a vendor, have them split out the bill.

If you have a storm created opening get it tarped.

Flooding without storm created openings generally will be denied.

Watch out for scams, every storm fly by night roofing companies come out. Some will damage your roof during their "inspection"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Power was out 27hours. My liberal, blm, Biden supporting neighbors gave me the stink eye when I fired up the generator. So I moved generator to spot on fence 12 feet from their house, chained it to fence post, so they could hear what heat sounded like. Then moved the Blackstone grill by it, so they could smell the t-bones an bacon..then son an I went inside house opened, window curtains, so they could enjoy watching us play call of duty on the 75" in TV....

My neighbor I like came over an we chatted, I saw he only had one of those green 1k tailgate generators (they've got two small kids). I said, if that doesn't work out, go thru the gate an plug into mine, it can handle A couple more heaters an use the extra 100ft extension to run it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Power was out 27hours. My liberal, blm, Biden supporting neighbors gave me the stink eye when I fired up the generator. So I moved generator to spot on fence 12 feet from their house, chained it to fence post, so they could hear what heat sounded like. Then moved the Blackstone grill by it, so they could smell the t-bones an bacon..then son an I went inside house opened, window curtains, so they could enjoy watching us play call of duty on the 75" in TV....

My neighbor I like came over an we chatted, I saw he only had one of those green 1k tailgate generators (they've got two small kids). I said, if that doesn't work out, go thru the gate an plug into mine, it can handle A couple more heaters an use the extra 100ft extension to run it.
View Quote

This made me smile. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:04:37 AM EDT
[#16]
We have rebuilt!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Out for 3 days in Auburn.   Generator saved all the food and fan for gas fireplace. Camp stove and jet boil did all the cooking.  If we went two more days would have plugged in the cloths washer and then line dried in the house.   Kerosene heater and Heater buddy were more than adequate.   Good experience to dust off gear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Out for 3 days in Auburn.   Generator saved all the food and fan for gas fireplace. Camp stove and jet boil did all the cooking.  If we went two more days would have plugged in the cloths washer and then line dried in the house.   Kerosene heater and Heater buddy were more than adequate.   Good experience to dust off gear.
View Quote

Where in Auburn?

Mine only flickered a few times and reset everything.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Where in Auburn?

Mine only flickered a few times and reset everything.
View Quote

Up the hill by Lake Tapps.  Wind killed power Tuesday night...finally back late Friday.  Other sections of town had restoration earlier.   I could see power on two blocks away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top