Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2020 8:20:34 AM EDT
I don't have any information on this in front of me at this time. I'm just passing on what I'm hearing on KTLK this morning. It's due to hearings on the four Minneapolis police officers from the incident in May, and the potential for charges to be dropped.

I don't mean to be a chicken little, I just want to give our members in the area a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing is being decided today. This is just a hearing, nothing moves fast in our court system. I am also pretty sure they judge, County atty and the politicians that pull the strings will drag this on as long as possible so they don't make the mobs angry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judge threw 4 of the prosecutors off the case for meeting with the ME without defense attorneys present or without an impartial witness. Thats what i heard on the radio at least.
some protests broke out but not looting or burning thankfully.
View Quote

Yea I seen that. Good for the judge for having at least some integrity. They did rule that Floyds criminal history and drug history is not admissible which is fucked since he did have a body full of drugs at the time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yea I seen that. Good for the judge for having at least some integrity. They did rule that Floyds criminal history and drug history is not admissible which is fucked since he did have a body full of drugs at the time.
View Quote
His history of drug abuse might not be admissible but his tox report when he died should still be admissible right? I can't think of anything that goes to causation more than that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
His history of drug abuse might not be admissible but his tox report when he died should still be admissible right? I can't think of anything that goes to causation more than that.
View Quote

I would think because of his tox report is why his history of drug abuse should be admissible. But what do I know lol I like to think in facts and reality and not feelings like the whole system is caving to these days.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Potential unrest in Minneapolis EVERY day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Potential unrest in Minneapolis EVERY day.
View Quote
You're right. I just wasn't aware of the hearings until hearing about it that morning. I have no reason to ever go to Minneapolis again, but I know that some of our members live there, work there, or at least pass through frequently.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I find it hilarious how one minute the Mpls City Council is conjuring up plans to "Defund the Police", and then they are crawling down the Chief's throat over the wave of violent crime!
How contrary can those libtards be?  I am not sure what kind of impact a social program will deter crime? Hmmm.  And, I marveled at the homicide #'s for the year are higher than all of last year
and we still have 3 and half months to do.  Then one local channel interviewed a gal saying it was time for her mom to move to a safer neighborhood!  Perhaps the Mpls City Council and the mayor should start
leading Kumbaya sing alongs in their wards to keep people from doing naughty things?  In the end no matter what color people are... we all make choices!  

I loved on news of the "alledged car jackers" that rolled a stolen BMW and one that was caught at scene is struggling with MPD officers while handcuffed!  Man how dumb are you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top