Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2020 2:49:17 PM EDT
I tried listing three shotguns many months ago and kept having them flagged.  “Huh, okay.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong..?”

In talking in a local FB gun discussion group, numerous other members complained about the flagging of legit posts.  One guy lost 26 posts.  We had a mass shooter buy his guns through Armslist, so we think wonder if this is an “activism” problem.

I brought this to GD.  Two WI people noted ad flagging problems.  Has anybody else run into Armslist flagging problems?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and I've seen other listing explicitly state that they are being flagged.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Same here. Armslist is just another social media the anti gunners can fuck with and they do. I do still use it but with not too much expectation of anything going smooth. There are some legit sellers and sometimes a listing can get it done but it's a crapshoot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I had two "Want to Buy" ads for a S&W 642 and a Kimber K6 flagged a dozen times last month. At one point I was copy and pasting the ad every hour to see if they would stop, but unfortunately they won this round. It takes 5 minutes to place the ad, 1 second to flag the ad.

I contacted Armslist and their reply was that it is a "free classified site" and there is nothing they can do to track the flagger and to continue posting the ad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I had two "Want to Buy" ads for a S&W 642 and a Kimber K6 flagged a dozen times last month. At one point I was copy and pasting the ad every hour to see if they would stop, but unfortunately they won this round. It takes 5 minutes to place the ad, 1 second to flag the ad.

I contacted Armslist and their reply was that it is a "free classified site" and there is nothing they can do to track the flagger and to continue posting the ad.
View Quote

You actually got a response? Wow...

I've been doing the same; relist as necessary. Sometimes I'll change a minor detail in an attempt to not pop up in their search. I thought it might be centered around SKSs or something as I saw a few other SKS posters mention being flagged. Now it's kind of a game to see how many flags I can get before I am banned.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't believe that they can't find the flagger and ban him/her. If not, then just remove the flagging function from the site altogether, or investgate flagged posts before deleting them, or change it so those flaggers are indentified, and anyone who flags unjustly gets banned. It's total bullshit that there's nothing they can do. They just don't want to.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't believe that they can't find the flagger and ban him/her. If not, then just remove the flagging function from the site altogether, or investgate flagged posts before deleting them, or change it so those flaggers are indentified, and anyone who flags unjustly gets banned. It's total bullshit that there's nothing they can do. They just don't want to.
View Quote

Problem is you don't even have to be logged in or registered with them to flag.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, been looking for a lower to finish a build, but the WTB ad gets flagged within 5 minutes so I just stopped posting.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, been looking for a lower to finish a build, but the WTB ad gets flagged within 5 minutes so I just stopped posting.
View Quote

Fleet Farm has em. $49.99.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#9]
When Armslist first started up, most prices were fair. Not many good deals there anymore.
I've not only been "Flagged", but asshole scammers too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I mentioned it in GD. Its very frustrating considering I've actually had good experiences in the past with trades and sales. I don't know how they fix it, but I'm not wasting my time anymore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Problem is you don't even have to be logged in or registered with them to flag.
View Quote

That's the problem then, and needs to be changed. They can't run it like craiglist. Other free sites like FaceBook or Twitter require an account and log in just to view, and violate the "terms & conditions" and you're gone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
haven't had much of a problem. Seen a few scammers. Lots of "is it still available" emails that result in nothing...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm up to 31 flags so far. lol....

Had a guy yesterday that took objection to me using the phrase "Get em now before surge pricing kicks in!". Sent me an email complaining, and threatened to flag me.

.....then flagged me (or someone else coincidentally did). Supply and demand; how does it work?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I just had to go and say something yesterday. I just had my ad flagged again
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm up to 31 flags so far. lol....

Had a guy yesterday that took objection to me using the phrase "Get em now before surge pricing kicks in!". Sent me an email complaining, and threatened to flag me.

.....then flagged me (or someone else coincidentally did). Supply and demand; how does it work?
View Quote

Still fighting the good fight I see.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Still fighting the good fight I see.
View Quote

Up to 37 flags....and counting. lol...

I finally gave up and listed a few on gunbroker. Sold two this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Armslist better figure it out, or it's going to be the end of their business.  

Flagging should not automatically shut an ad down.  It should simply refer it back to Armslist for them to review.  The ad still runs unless Armslist deems it so.  There...  problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Armslist better figure it out, or it's going to be the end of their business.  

Flagging should not automatically shut an ad down.  It should simply refer it back to Armslist for them to review.  The ad still runs unless Armslist deems it so.  There...  problem solved.
View Quote

That seems so easy.  I'm sure there's a corporate board room with a lengthy justification why they can't make this simple change.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That seems so easy.  I'm sure there's a corporate board room with a lengthy justification why they can't make this simple change.
View Quote

Profit.

They make money on paid memberships. Paid memberships can't be flagged. Don't like getting flagged? Pay up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Since you started this thread, I've had an ad flagged 3 times, as a scam, but, the only inquiries were from scammers. I actually contacted my local police dept about one, and was told there was so many scams going on, they wouldn't even look in to it, so, eventhough I REALLY didn't want to ship it, I listed it here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I didn't have a problem months ago, but in the last month I've been flagged 16 times...including a WTB listing.  How can you flag a WTB?

Pretty messed-up system.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Someone on Arf has to know someone who has connections with Armslist.  I'd really like to see this addressed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Someone on Arf has to know someone who has connections with Armslist.  I'd really like to see this addressed.
View Quote

Sadly, I doubt anything will be done about it. I ended up moving to Gunbroker (I'm up to 43 flags).
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmm.....I'm at 43 flagged still. It's as if whomever was doing it was stopped, or got bored. I've had the same ad up for some time now and it hasn't been flagged.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I've found it not worth the headache trying to buy or sell anything on Armslist since last year so I've stopped using it. I now only buy guns I will never sell and use GunBroker to buy used guns not in stores.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Still having an awful time finding any meaningful connection on Armslist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top