Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I there any definition of what is considered Safe Storage?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up in the 70s in rural NYS.  Guess what, there were never any school shootings or other malicious use of guns by minors.  Guns were readily available to kids, and there were no problems, gun safes were unknown.  I blame violent video games and violent tv shows and movies for screwing up kids heads.

I have read that when tv is introduced to undeveloped nations, that violence increases in those areas.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange how the correlation between these young mass shooters and Ritalin use is rarely studied  
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grew up in the 70s in rural NYS.  Guess what, there were never any school shootings or other malicious use of guns by minors.  Guns were readily available to kids, and there were no problems, gun safes were unknown.  I blame violent video games and violent tv shows and movies for screwing up kids heads.

I have read that when tv is introduced to undeveloped nations, that violence increases in those areas.
View Quote

I doubt it's violence in movies and video games. 40 years ago they were blaming heavy metal.  I used to play paintball and they would blame the simulated action of hunting down and shooting of others to be ingraining violent thoughts.  The book Wizard of Oz was burnt because it condoned witchcraft.  People don't go after Harry Potter or Star Wars out of fear that children cannot tell the difference between fantasy and reality.

Personally, I believe the violent thoughts occur much earlier in a person's life, and the behavior of participating in simulated violent acts or even full contact sports is done as a method to satisfying these urges.  Playing games, reading books, watching movies, or playing tag in the backyard will not satisfy someone who really has violent urges.  Torturing and killing cats, dogs, or other animals are signs they are working their way up to the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Sugar is the problem.  Too much sugar.  At least that was a popular assertion a while back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top