Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2022 2:24:20 AM EDT
Asking for a friend...

When a person goes into a pot shop they check for a CO DL, and it looks like they scan it.  Does anyone know if they are keeping any info or reporting anything to the state?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:01:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea.

But I can tell you that at airports around the country the TSA machines often have difficulty scanning a CO license on the first/second/third try.  It would be amusing if the potheads have better technology.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Even if the state says that license isn’t tracked I guarantee it is.

Take this government statement into consideration…’4473‘s aren’t used as a database.’
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I know at least one person who buys guns regularly and also goes to pot shops regularly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I've asked that question when I've gone into them with out of state friends who want to see a pot shop and they've scanned my ID. They claim that it's just a machine that verifies date of birth.

I'm pretty sure it's fed into a datbase but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

ETA:

Quoted:
I know at least one person who buys guns regularly and also goes to pot shops regularly.
View Quote

I'm CERTAIN this is VERY common in weed-legal states. Once the fed legalizes it, it will be interesting to see how this is all handled.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
A local talk show host mentioned using a passport instead of a DL.  Sounds reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top