Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2022 8:38:00 PM EDT
My wife had to show proof of age upon trying to buy whip cream today. Apparently this law was passed last Thanksgiving time?  What rock have I been hiding under?

Addabbo Bill Prohibiting the Sale of Whipped Cream Chargers to Persons Under the Age of 21 Becomes Law

JOSEPH P. ADDABBO JR October 29, 2021 ISSUE: WHIPPETSWHIPPITSDRUG USEADDABBO
Legislation (S.2819-A) sponsored in the Senate by NYS Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr., prohibiting the sale of whipped cream chargers, also known as ‘whippits, whippets, or whip-its’ to persons under the age of twenty-one became law (Chapter 515) effective 11/25/2021….
Link to the bullshit

Fucking disgusting…
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I was told IDs were racist...
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Post is a bit confusing. It is the chargers not the "Redi-Whip" cream itself. I have purchased cans twice, one just last week, with no issue.

Kids are going to have to start making their own Nitrous Oxide or go to another state and stock up
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post is a bit confusing. It is the chargers not the "Redi-Whip" cream itself. I have purchased cans twice, one just last week, with no issue.

Kids are going to have to start making their own Nitrous Oxide or go to another state and stock up
View Quote

Go right to the Welding Supply Shop and get tanks of the stuff...Ever notice how many of these Bills have self aggrandizing names?
"Well you need to re-elect me!  I have Laws named after me..."  FUCKWADS!
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh... I guess they didn't get the memo in Ontario county.  I always make sure to take a hit off of it when it's empty, tho.    Brings back memories of good times at the dentist when I was a kid, listening to Brown Eyed Girl.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Go right to the Welding Supply Shop and get tanks of the stuff...Ever notice how many of these Bills have self aggrandizing names?
View Quote

you don't want to huff that nitrous, it has sulfur in it. you want the medical grade or food grade nitrous which you can't get at the welding supply place
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you don't want to huff that nitrous, it has sulfur in it. you want the medical grade or food grade nitrous which you can't get at the welding supply place
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Besides welding supply there are also racing shops that sell N2O for motor vehicles. But as noted, it contains contains Sulfur Dioxide to prevent it being used recreationally. Basically a denaturing ingredient like they do for alcohol to prevent it from being used for human consumption.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I got IDed for spray paint.  When I was a kid and built models I used lots of spray paint.  Can’t imagine today being 17 and having to drag mommy to the store.

This state government is retarded.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got IDed for spray paint.  When I was a kid and built models I used lots of spray paint.  Can't imagine today being 17 and having to drag mommy to the store.

This state government is retarded.
View Quote
Every time I buy epoxy or E6000 now at Walmart at self-checkout (because who has an hour to kill waiting for the one human cashier on duty to get to you), I get held up because epoxy is now a restricted item for adults only. They just look at me, enter some code and I am good to go. But it really is getting retarded now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP is probably on the Dairy Treats List just like they used to track people buying too many cold pills.
View Quote

Dairy treats. Ok. No wonder you don’t know how to use Redi-Whip; penguins ain’t got no nipples!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I've always just empty the cans while I'm shopping.
Makes a boring task that much easier and keeps that gas out of the youngsters mitts.
Just doing my part watching out for the next generations.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OP is probably on the Dairy Treats List just like they used to track people buying too many cold pills.
View Quote

What do you mean "used to".
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Many years ago I knew a guy who would get tanks of the welding nitrous, and take them to grateful dead shows to fill and sell balloons. The deadheads didn't seem to mind.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
+1

Besides welding supply there are also racing shops that sell N2O for motor vehicles. But as noted, it contains contains Sulfur Dioxide to prevent it being used recreationally. Basically a denaturing ingredient like they do for alcohol to prevent it from being used for human consumption.
View Quote

Good to know!
Never used it or used on me to my knowledge....government takes the fun out of everything (for our own good control)
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top