BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don’t want to hijack to thread but what is a decent salary for the area?  I have had a couple of interviews thus far and I hve no idea if my salary expectations are out of line.  I know each industry is different and I won’t make as much as I currently am but I would still like to provide a comfortable living for my family.
View Quote
To rent or buy?

Houses are pretty expensive but rent isnt much better.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In Arvada now and commute down to Lakewood for work
View Quote
Same for me, on both points.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don’t want to hijack to thread but what is a decent salary for the area?  I have had a couple of interviews thus far and I hve no idea if my salary expectations are out of line.  I know each industry is different and I won’t make as much as I currently am but I would still like to provide a comfortable living for my family.
View Quote
What industry are you in?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

To rent or buy?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

To rent or buy?

We are buying, we are in a slightly different situation than most as we are coming in with a bunch of cash from the sale of our current home.  If we can find a house in our target price range we are looking at a mortgage that is closer to most people’s down payment.

Quoted:

What industry are you in?
Hvac controls, I am currently a program manager for the building automation group in an facilities management setting.  I have thought about starting my career over and getting into tech and not being a service provider to tech companies but that is a different discussion.

Edit: this question is aimed less at what I should expect for my job, though that info is welcome, it is more of a general question in what is required to live a comfortable lifestyle in various suburbs around Denver.  We are looking at cities such as centennial(my wife’s favorite), broomsfield, Arvada.  Golden is likely out of our price range unless we go to a smaller house or live further from the mountains.  We do not want to live in Denver proper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:48:10 AM EDT
[#5]
As others have said, I like the west side of Lakewood.  Green Mountain area is good.  The neighborhood are full of similarly minded people and are well maintained.  You can find a nice 1,200 sq ft ranch with a 1 car garage for around $280k.  Its more than most want to spend, but the reality of the current state of affairs.  It is also a good time of year if you need to buy, because anyone who has their home up for sale this time of year really needs to get it sold.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As others have said, I like the west side of Lakewood.  Green Mountain area is good.  The neighborhood are full of similarly minded people and are well maintained.  You can find a nice 1,200 sq ft ranch with a 1 car garage for around $280k.  Its more than most want to spend, but the reality of the current state of affairs.  It is also a good time of year if you need to buy, because anyone who has their home up for sale this time of year really needs to get it sold.

Good luck.
View Quote
I seriously doubt you’ll find a house worth buying in Lakewood at that price. All I saw on realtor.com were condos/townhouses or sketchy small houses in questionable neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Guys I appreciate the help, however, my wife and I have a realtor and have visited the area multiple times.  We are aware of what our budget is and where that fits in at the towns we are interested in.  What I a solid middle class household income?  Does 100k get you a comfortable lifestyle where you can save money for retirement and take some vacations or do you need 200k for that?  I know much of that is subjective but in the Bay Area where I am currently at a household income of 117k qualifies for “low income”.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt you’ll find a house worth buying in Lakewood at that price. All I saw on realtor.com were condos/townhouses or sketchy small houses in questionable neighborhoods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck.
Yep.

I live in Golden (borders Lakewood). 280K isn't getting you much here
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote
Yeah it’s crazy here. We live in Golden also. We bought our house four years ago and has literally gone up in value like $175k according to our last appraisal. It’s nothing special just a regular house built in 1984.

What part of Golden are you in? @HoodyHoo21
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah it’s crazy here. We live in Golden also. We bought our house four years ago and has literally gone up in value like $175k according to our last appraisal. It’s nothing special just a regular house built in 1984.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Golden Heights.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Golden Heights.
View Quote
Howdy neighbor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Howdy neighbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golden Heights.
Howdy neighbor.
I think we've done this before.

I was thinking that I thought you lived here too.

Do you shoot bowling pins or USPSA at Bristlecone?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think we've done this before.

I was thinking that I thought you lived here too.

Do you shoot bowling pins or USPSA at Bristlecone?
View Quote
Haha yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I’ve never shot at Bristlecone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top