Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/13/2018 1:26:58 PM EDT
Might be transferring to Denver in the near future.

Out of Jefferson, Arapahoe and Douglas counties are there any one(s) that are more pro-2A than others when it comes to CCW and NFA?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about Arapahoe and Douglas counties. I live in Jefferson and CCW was a very quic turnaround. I don’t have any NFA stuff can’t help ya there.

Fwiw Colorado is a shall issue CCW state.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
County doesn't matter in regards to NFA, local Sheriffs have no say after 41F took affect.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Are ARs still banned in Denver County due to local ordnance laws or was that ruled unconstitutional?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
County doesn't matter in regards to NFA, local Sheriffs have no say after 41F took affect.
View Quote
Wot?  Our retired sheriff wouldn't sign for sh*t.  So I can have NFA and suppressors now?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wot?  Our retired sheriff wouldn't sign for sh*t.  So I can have NFA and suppressors now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Start filing your form4's and form 1's  I do recommend forming an NFA trust even with the new rules.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes. Start filing your form4's and form 1's  I do recommend forming an NFA trust even with the new rules.
View Quote
Form 4's seem to be a bit of a wait. I just got my first can, check cashed 3-19 and can in hand 10-22. I've heard that now that e-Form 1's are back people are seeing in some cases <2 week approval for those.

Second the trust. I have to set up a trust for all my future NFA toys AND pay $200 (again) to have the suppressor I just received transferred to the trust. At least I'll be able to shoot it while I wait this time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like as of the the new year CO will be be +1 conservative, just waiting for the paperwork to arrive.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks like as of the the new year CO will be be +1 conservative, just waiting for the paperwork to arrive.
View Quote
Good. It ain’t perfect here but it’s a damn bit better than NY. Let us know when ya arrive.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good. It ain’t perfect here but it’s a damn bit better than NY. Let us know when ya arrive.
View Quote
If NY could be ranked #51 instead of #50 in the USA for the worst state to live in it would be.

Looking forward to watching it fade in my rear view mirror.

Now the real fun part is finding someplace to live in the next 5 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are ARs still banned in Denver County due to local ordnance laws or was that ruled unconstitutional?
View Quote
Technically they have a weird assault rifle ban in Denver county, but its completely ignored and not enforced - even the gun shows and gun shops in Denver CO sell regular AR's.

Also, no sane person lives in Denver CO, they live in the burbs.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Technically they have a weird assault rifle ban in Denver county, but its completely ignored and not enforced - even the gun shows and gun shops in Denver CO sell regular AR's.

Also, no sane person lives in Denver CO, they live in the burbs.
View Quote
Good to know about the law.

My company's office is located in Lakewood and I have been looking at Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Ken Caryl, Morrison, and Golden.

If you guys know of any gems or additional areas to look at/avoid thanks in advance for the help and input.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My company's office is located in Lakewood and I have been looking at Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Ken Caryl, Morrison, and Golden.

If you guys know of any gems or additional areas to look at/avoid thanks in advance for the help and input.
View Quote
Of those choices I’d say Morrison or Golden. You want to be relatively close to work here. The traffic is abysmal especially if have to commute on I-25.

I live in Golden it’s nice but has gotten insanely expensive. If you’re budget will allow it Golden is really nice.

Also being on the West side shortens my trip to the ski/snowboarding areas. So there’s that if you’re into that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Of those choices I’d say Morrison or Golden. You want to be relatively close to work here. The traffic is abysmal especially if have to commute on I-25.

I live in Golden it’s nice but has gotten insanely expensive. If you’re budget will allow it Golden is really nice.

Also being on the West side shortens my trip to the ski/snowboarding areas. So there’s that if you’re into that sort of thing.
View Quote
Golden is the area I would like to progress towards but yeah the cost of living out there can be a bit yikes currently.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Golden is the area I would like to progress towards but yeah the cost of living out there can be a bit yikes currently.
View Quote
Yeah we got lucky when we bought here the market was still reasonable. That being said we aren’t in downtown Golden. Closer to Jeffco country fairgrounds.

Lakewood is pretty nice as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah we got lucky when we bought here the market was still reasonable. That being said we aren’t in downtown Golden. Closer to Jeffco country fairgrounds.

View Quote
Seems like staying down in the area south-west of Denver metro proper is a decent area, should probably check some crime maps just to see if there are any problem spots.

People have also said Littleton is decent as well. A place over by Cornerstone Park caught my eye.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in a similar boat, relocating for work to Denver (Aurora).  I know I'm a littttle late in moving, but looking forward to nature!

Hate to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a.) whether or not to rent longer or buy asap? I'd really prefer to buy from the get go and not blow money on rent as I'd like to be in CO long term and b.) best neighborhood where I can find a home with my limited budget (~$300k) that's still within a reasonable driving distance to Aurora for work?

Don't need to worry about kiddos right now so school system isn't a major concern.  Prefer newer and larger over some of the more rundown and outdated stuff I've seen for sale.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm in a similar boat, relocating for work to Denver (Aurora).  I know I'm a littttle late in moving, but looking forward to nature!

Hate to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a.) whether or not to rent longer or buy asap? I'd really prefer to buy from the get go and not blow money on rent as I'd like to be in CO long term and b.) best neighborhood where I can find a home with my limited budget (~$300k) that's still within a reasonable driving distance to Aurora for work?

Don't need to worry about kiddos right now so school system isn't a major concern.  Prefer newer and larger over some of the more rundown and outdated stuff I've seen for sale.
View Quote
Yup there's nature lol

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's my budget, and my AO. I've got Trulia and Zillow tabs open as we speak actually. There's really nothing new OR large for that price range. And all the ones that are in budget are like 3 bed 1 bath, no AC, but decent sized yards. I want a freaking second bath!
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup there's nature lol

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/473128420181020_125258.jpg
I'll settle for being a homeless dirty hippy!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly for $300k you’re looking at nice townhouses or small older houses. Housing around here is fucken insane.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Honestly for $300k you’re looking at nice townhouses or small older houses. Housing around here is fucken insane.
View Quote
The figure I've heard thrown around for a first time buyer/entry level home is $250k. I imagine it only goes up from there.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The figure I've heard thrown around for a first time buyer/entry level home is $250k. I imagine it only goes up from there.
View Quote
Maybe if you get lucky that’s possible. It’ll be small and older. For instance we bought in 2013 split level 1450sq ft built in 1984. Nothing special just a regular house 3 bd 2 bth 2 car garage small lot $239k.

A year and a half ago it appraised for $400k.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've been a Colorado resident for the last month. Here's my advice as someone who's priced out of buying what we want in the area we want until the market dips. If you rent make sure 100% that the lease calls out marijuana as verboten AND that it's enforced. I live in Lakewood and everyone smokes weed here... The lease says no marijuana but it isn't enforced. Welcome to Colorado I guess.

We chose Lakewood for its proximity to Federal Center, but next year we'll be living in west Littleton. As a FYI my kids go to school in Littleton and Kipling Ave flows well north and south morning and night both directions.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've been a Colorado resident for the last month. Here's my advice as someone who's priced out of buying what we want in the area we want until the market dips. If you rent make sure 100% that the lease calls out marijuana as verboten AND that it's enforced. I live in Lakewood and everyone smokes weed here... The lease says no marijuana but it isn't enforced. Welcome to Colorado I guess.

We chose Lakewood for its proximity to Federal Center, but next year we'll be living in west Littleton. As a FYI my kids go to school in Littleton and Kipling Ave flows well north and south morning and night both directions.
View Quote
Small world my wife works at the fed center as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the heads up. I'm currently eye balling an apartment a bit to the north-east of central Littleton.

Crime also seems to be better around there.

Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like $450k for a starter home in an acceptable area.  $250k would get you a trailer in Kiowa where meth has been cooked and/or smoked.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm gonna be working in Aurora and the houses east of 225 seem really affordable and good sizes. Anything wrong with the area? I'd say based on zillow it seems most likely at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If NY could be ranked #51 instead of #50 in the USA for the worst state to live in it would be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anybody want to watch the NY refugee and the Chicago refugee fight about whose former state was a worse hole? At least in upstate NY, someone occasionally got to carry a gun without a Federal judge breaking his foot off in the Da Mare first.

Anyway, good luck on the house hunt. This place is rough as a buyer/renter. So many people want to live here, and so few places for everybody.

ETA:
Quoted:

There's Lakewood and then there's Lakewood. Green Mountain is nice. Colfax/Simms-ish is okay. I would hate to move back to my old place at Wadsworth/Mississippi now that I've got a family.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Anybody want to watch the NY refugee and the Chicago refugee fight about whose former state was a worse hole? At least in upstate NY, someone occasionally got to carry a gun without a Federal judge breaking his foot off in the Da Mare first.

Anyway, good luck on the house hunt. This place is rough as a buyer/renter. So many people want to live here, and so few places for everybody.

ETA:

There's Lakewood and then there's Lakewood. Green Mountain is nice. Colfax/Simms-ish is okay. I would hate to move back to my old place at Wadsworth/Mississippi now that I've got a family.
View Quote
NY has been the reigning champ for a few years now

Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/2545909Capture.PNG
View Quote
Like I said, occasionally someone in NYS got to carry a gun without a Federal lawsuit about it. And youse guys' pistol permitting system made our FOIDs look simple and not intrusive at all. (Although I'll give you that abomination you guys call 'pizza' is worth some credit here. But welcome to Denver, whose entire contribution to the culinary world has been to Burrito All The Things.)

But that chart is a little suspect: How does Wyoming rank so low? And Colorado used to deserve to be in the top 5 but I think we've really slipped. Our gun laws have started to suck since 2013 and TABOR only counts when the courts will enforce it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Like I said, occasionally someone in NYS got to carry a gun without a Federal lawsuit about it. And youse guys' pistol permitting system made our FOIDs look simple and not intrusive at all. (Although I'll give you that abomination you guys call 'pizza' is worth some credit here. But welcome to Denver, whose entire contribution to the culinary world has been to Burrito All The Things.)

But that chart is a little suspect: How does Wyoming rank so low? And Colorado used to deserve to be in the top 5 but I think we've really slipped. Our gun laws have started to suck since 2013 and TABOR only counts when the courts will enforce it.
View Quote
For the chart that is from 2016, they update it every two years. Things may have changed for Colorado but I can guarantee NY is still #50.

Freedom in the 50 States

Thankfully the upstate county I lived in when I got my CCW was and still is shall issue, other counties in NY will make you perform all kinds of gymnastics to get one.

The plus side to live in the shittiest state in the union is that no matter where you go it has a high probability of being an improvement.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
@seph have you had a chance to actually get out to Denver and check it out? My wife and I have been to the area several times preparing for a move and one of the biggest things for us was how quickly the neighborhoods change.  Not necessarily for the worse but if you have a specific type of living arrangement in mind a block or two could change the feel significantly.  We will be moving to the area as in the next couple of months, really depends on when I can find a job.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@seph have you had a chance to actually get out to Denver and check it out? My wife and I have been to the area several times preparing for a move and one of the biggest things for us was how quickly the neighborhoods change.  Not necessarily for the worse but if you have a specific type of living arrangement in mind a block or two could change the feel significantly.  We will be moving to the area as in the next couple of months, really depends on when I can find a job.
View Quote
Was out there at the end of August for a week and again the week of October 15th for my transfer interview. Interview only took like 3 hours and then I spent the rest of the week exploring the area and playing in the mountains a bit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Was out there at the end of August for a week and again the week of October 15th for my transfer interview. Interview only took like 3 hours and then I spent the rest of the week exploring the area and playing in the mountains a bit.
View Quote
Can’t wait to get out there and spend some time out in nature enjoying the beauty of the place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Not to high jack, but I might be moving to Longmont for work. Can anyone help me out with housing?!? It's expensive for 2 bedrooms.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#36]
PM/email sent to Seph
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks like the drive starts Wednesday the 28th
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#38]
The 2A just took a major hit this election- sorry about your transfer.

You might pass some of us leaving the state as you drive in.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#39]
We did just take  a huge hit. he is coming from NY so he will at least have a few years before it get as bad as NY/ cali here.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We did just take  a huge hit. he is coming from NY so he will at least have a few years before it get as bad as NY/ cali here.
View Quote
Honestly it's kind of cracking me up.

You think you know what bad is, please move to NY for 5 years and tell us about your experience.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#41]
NY might be long lost, but would you rather hear about conservatives moving into the state or fleeing in panic?

I'm looking forward to it.  Its gonna be tough anywhere in America so might as well make somewhere home and do our best.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/2545909Capture.PNG
View Quote
LOL at this retarded list! It has New York ranked higher than Idaho and many other conservative states.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LOL at this retarded list! It has New York ranked higher than Idaho and many other conservative states.
View Quote
Think you are reading it backwards
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:58:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Think you are reading it backwards
View Quote
Maybe I’m retarded then LOL ??

So negative numbers are better?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Been in Denver 2 weeks now and really liking it! Closing on a house in 2 weeks (had to spend more but that's ok). I see plenty of gun stuff on vehicles and just couldnt be happier with the move.

Looking forward to snowboarding and then hiking in the spring.  Definitely a state I'd love to stand and fight in! I make good money so helps enjoy it more easily.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Been in Denver 2 weeks now and really liking it! Closing on a house in 2 weeks (had to spend more but that's ok). I see plenty of gun stuff on vehicles and just couldnt be happier with the move.

Looking forward to snowboarding and then hiking in the spring.  Definitely a state I'd love to stand and fight in! I make good money so helps enjoy it more easily.
View Quote
I got in on the 2nd and have been getting settled, looking forward to the next year or so of getting into trouble.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Maybe I’m retarded then LOL ??

So negative numbers are better?
View Quote
The red and green numbers are ranking changes since the last study, the number in black is the rank.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I got in on the 2nd and have been getting settled, looking forward to the next year or so of getting into trouble.
View Quote
What part of the city did you end up in?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Don’t want to hijack to thread but what is a decent salary for the area?  I have had a couple of interviews thus far and I hve no idea if my salary expectations are out of line.  I know each industry is different and I won’t make as much as I currently am but I would still like to provide a comfortable living for my family.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What part of the city did you end up in?
View Quote
In Arvada now and commute down to Lakewood for work
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top