Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2021 8:14:59 PM EDT
Trying to keep this short...
I am chasing a transfer to Ky. My most important family is in Knoxville, and we are ready to pull the trigger. Louisville is the main location, so that is my 90% likelihood to find a position I want. Sure, I'd rather be in Berea, or some other friendly location, but Louisville will probably be the spot. I have to interview like everyone else, but my 19 years with the company is a leg up.
We know the area fairly well. We are thoroughbred racing fans, so going to Lexington 1-2 a year for 4-7 days for the last decade or so. We are more familiar with Lexington, but we have looked around G-town, Frankfort, Shelbyville, Nicolasville, etc.
My office will be in the Jeffersontown area. I am looking for neighborhood areas preferably on the east side, with easy access to I-64. Remember, I want to go to Knoxville frequently, but also convenient to work. Looking for homes in the $300-$400K price range. No school age children, but good schools usually mean better neighborhoods. Shelbyville looks awfully tempting. I don't need to hear about all the bad shit in liberal Louisville, I get it. Just steer me towards the best neighberhoods to check out!
We will be in town over the labor day weekend and will like to drive around and window shop from the car. The internet is great for drive-bys.
I know that I am going to get all sorts of answers, so......FWIW my wife is a native. Middlesboro FTMFW!!! (until she was five, but still...)
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
First, I wish you good luck.  

Second, you need some 1st hand info.   Here are some realities.  

Berea sucks.  Yes, at one time it was a compassionate little town with a college focused on helping people.    It was even Christian based.   All of that has been thrown out of the window.   It is a libtard town of great magnitude.    The college went on a conservative witch hunt just a few years ago and purged many conservatives, to the point of driving some staff to commit suicide from the pressure.   Berea is not what it was as recently as 15 years ago.

Loserville schools suck.   They are known as JCPS, Jefferson County Public Schools.   Neighborhoods do not matter.   JCPS is known for busying students around, high performers to poorer schools and vice versa.    JCPS has recently dropped having armed cops, school resource officers in most of their schools.     JCPS has quotas on discipline.   Once a school hits their limit for punishments, that is off the table.     The inmates know and go nuts once the punishments are pulled.    Violence is normally a problem in any case.

If schools are an indication of neighborhoods, don't live in Loserville.   Move to a neighboring county outside of Jefferson County.     Indiana is nice, with few issue, as long as you stay a few miles away from Loserville.

The city is 23% to 25% black.   Plus, there are tons of other non whites.    There is no more than 60% white.   Most of those white are pure garbage leftists.

The west end of the city is over 90% black in some neighborhoods.   The Shawnee area is roughly 85% black.  

What does all of that mean?   1st it means most in Loserville will always vote for hard left democrats.    It also means that if you are white, your issues and concerns will be ignored.   That is a fact.  

Worse still, Loserville likes to play political games and SJW games with the lives and education of students.   They will bus very intelligent kids to bad schools to help improve scores (improve outcomes).   They will also bus "at risk" students to better schools to provide them better opportunities and balance out scores.

I would encourage you to NOT drop that kind of money into Metro Loserville.   If you have to live in the city, spend less than 100K.    Look for deal and buy a house with at least 30 feet between houses.   Violence is all over Metro.   Yes, the west end is the worst.   However, the gangs are intentionally carrying out random car jackings and robberies throughout the city, including downtown.   Traditional white, professional males, especially those of conservative values are vilified in Metro Loserville.      

One city has had 125 homicides this year. Most of them are unsolved.

In Louisville, Kentucky, homicides go unsolved as number of killings climbs With 125 killings, the city is in danger of breaking its homicide record for a second straight year, as about 65 percent of slayings go unsolved.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't live in Indiana.

I would suggest looking in the Simpsonville, Shelbyville, Finchville, or other Shelby / Spencer County areas.

If you want to live in Jefferson County, in the J-Town area, I'd suggest looking at properties off of Old Heady or Tucker Station Road.

Louisville is largely very liberal.  If you're interested in a recent political map from a recent election, I've attached one for you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
@kentuckymarksman
I am aware of the political map. Florida is the same. Metro areas in general are that way. Unfortunately leadership roles in my company are typically in the metro areas. To maintain the lifestyle that I have become accustomed (), requires dress shoes and a dress shirt. So Louisville it is.

We visited the Shelbyville area briefly. We will dig a little deeper in a couple of weeks. I appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't live in Indiana.
View Quote

Not to argue, but it would probably be of value if people knew why you would not live in Indiana.   Right across the river, it is not radically different than Louisville, just more open.    5 miles outside of Louisville in Indiana is a completely different world.    

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not to argue, but it would probably be of value if people knew why you would not live in Indiana.   Right across the river, it is not radically different than Louisville, just more open.    5 miles outside of Louisville in Indiana is a completely different world.    

View Quote

Not to argue, but I've had my own personal experiences that have shaped my opinion, and it's outside of the scope of the OP's question.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not to argue, but I've had my own personal experiences that have shaped my opinion, and it's outside of the scope of the OP's question.
View Quote

I hate to see a decent  person  throw that kind of money  into Loserville.    It is just such a hateful and racist place.   In most of KY,  people don't  dwell  on race.   In other places, people  are more likely  to focus on character.    I seem to recall a famous  speech to that affect...  Hmm.

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:I would suggest looking in the Simpsonville, Shelbyville, Finchville, or other Shelby / Spencer County areas.
View Quote

This.  

There is not another county  in KY remotely  as bad as Jefferson  County.  

We all know why decent  people  move to Loserville.  It is the money.   There are lots of well paying corporate  jobs,  government positions,  and lucrative  small business opportunities.    

Currently,  it is extremely  dangerous  ANYWHERE  in Loserville  metro.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Another reason to avoid Indiana is getting across the river. I-65 is the easiest but it's a toll bridge. A lot of people hate that. There are not that many ways across, and that will effect your travel time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.  

We all know why decent  people  move to Loserville.  It is the money.   There are lots of well paying corporate  jobs,  government positions,  and lucrative  small business opportunities.    

View Quote
Sorry if you don't like it here. You're clearly very edgy, clever and original with your constant use of "loser".  I've lived here my entire life and only ever felt unsafe in the West end. You want to live in the country, go right ahead.

OP, the Anchorage/Middletown area is great and has many conservatives. Even more so if you go further East towards Simpsonville and Shelbyville. It's more expensive to live in the East here than it is South or over into Indiana.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#10]
@JWC
Thanks Broseph!
Areas to look is really what I need. to keep me from wandering around aimlessly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll agree with JWC, Anchorage, Middletown, and I'll add Eastwood are great areas of town.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry if you don't like it here. You're clearly very edgy, clever and original with your constant use of "loser".  I've lived here my entire life and only ever felt unsafe in the West end. You want to live in the country, go right ahead.

OP, the Anchorage/Middletown area is great and has many conservatives. Even more so if you go further East towards Simpsonville and Shelbyville. It's more expensive to live in the East here than it is South or over into Indiana.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  

I am first and foremost a Kentuckian, not a Louisvillian.    Louisville has always been different than the rest of the state.    That is life.   Call me clever and/or edgy.   I don't care.    Louisville has become Loserville in the last 6 to 7 years.    That is the way it is.  

Louisville has not always been horrendous.   Heck, at one time, the makeup of the neighborhoods was completely different.    But, that goes back 50 years.   Even in more recent times, Louisville has been more moderate as recently as 15 years ago.  

There are still some nice neighborhoods.   But, it best to not leave those neighborhoods.   Better still, they should be gated communities to keep the thugs out at night.    Oh, and make certain to send the kids to a private school, not JCPS.  

As recently as 15 years ago, crime was much lower, as were murders.    Gangs were more of a neighborhood thing and close to a joke.    Now,  car jackings, robberies, and murders happen all over the Metro area.   Gangs make a point to go out into other neighborhoods to make their bones.    Their idea is to spread terror.   Not everyone sees it yet.   The west side of Louisville has some mixed neighborhoods, where things look and seem pretty normal.   Then out of nowhere, for no reason,  a 4pm murder happens on a quiet part of Main St.   Downtown is getting worse.  I have known people leaving the office INSIDE of the Waterfront Plaza, walking through the Galt House complex, to their parking space get robbed of their car keys in the parking garage.    I have known a young white collar professional gunned down by hoodlums in Cherokee Triangle and murdered by young teenagers.  

This past year, in 2020, I watched Black Li es Matter hold Loserville hostage for months.    Like it or not, Metro Louisville has unquestionably earned that nickname.   Yes, many to most cities are liberal.   Louisville has been for very long time.   But, it was not nearly as crazy as it is now.   No, I do not like how the area has changed, for the worse.    

The local government is hopelessly lost.    Crime is out of control.   Citizens and government are to blame.  

In my opinion, I would send my kid, if I had school age children, to any Eastern KY school long before I would let get near anything ran by JCPS (Jefferson County Public Schools).   Yes, public schools suck.  But, JCPS is the worst and most expensive in the state.

Anchorage & Middletown have some autonomy but are still part of Louisville Metro.

Simpsonville and Shelbyville are both in Shelby county.

More than a few know me and would tell anyone I am not afraid to go anywhere in Louisville, even at night.    Then again, while I am generally physically and mentally prepared for combat and equipped accordingly, I still fear for friends, family, and/or loved ones.    I've been there and done that in the military and civilian sector.   This shit in Loserville has gotten old.   I just want the shitheads to drop dead.    But, that is not going to happen.  So, Loserville will remain what it is.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll agree with JWC, Anchorage, Middletown, and I'll add Eastwood are great areas of town.
View Quote

Yep.   Just make sure not to leave those communities.    Don't go into other parts of Louisville Metro.     Oh, and for God's sake put up a wall and a gate to keep others out.

Everyone works remotely.   I am sure no one with have to go back into the office in the future.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Last chance boys!! No need for negative waves....

I am looking for the good news! So far, we will scope out...

....Simpsonville, Shelbyville, Finchville, Anchorage, Middletown, and Eastwood. All east of town, that is pretty much what we are looking for. Wherever the mapage may lead us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I did not see any negativity.   I saw, read, and wrote some comments based on realities.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Middletown- check out Lake Forest and Beckley Woods subdivisions; just off I265 and I64.

I live in Middletown, btw...
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I would definitely check out Middletown area as it’s growing like crazy.

Don’t forget to check Oldham county. It’s right outside of Louisville but is a good balance.

Anchorage is great but you should really check the tax rate. It’s a high price of admission relative to other areas.

Good luck in your search, houses in that range go pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Middletown has grown beyond its capabilities. Apartments on every corner stuffed with subsidized housing. It's the Hikes Point of 2015.
If OP is looking for land and peace, check out Finchville, Taylorsville, or Shelbyville. Liberty or Carrollton would be a nice bang for your buck if you could stomach the drive.
Stepford Wives? Oldham County.
Want to run into Larry the Cable Guy every day? Shepherdsville.  
Just stay out of Louisville.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Without reading everything I’ll just agree with everyone and say Louisville sucks. Same with Lexington, and Berea while nice is liberal.

If you’re going to work in Louisville yeah, I’d try to find something around 30ish minutes away.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I live in Mt. Washington and it's typically a 20 minute drive to the airport.  Traffic is not too bad if you pay a little attention to your commute timing.  I've lived in numerous places around the country and I like it here best.  My Daughter goes to a great Christian School, belongs to a local stables and competes in English Saddlebred competitions.  

Best thing I ever did was marry a redneck girl from Fairdale

P.S.  Don't hassle me for post count/join date like everyone else does...haha
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top