Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 10:52:44 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I'm considering moving to Florida and would like some input. I am interested in a county that has an excellent school district. If this is not possible, then I am open to hearing what you believe to be the best schools at, and last but not least, I am interested in an area that I can get any toys I want (suppressors, sbr, etc..).

There is the possibility I might get a job offer in Palm Beach County. Any input about it will definitely be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:58:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive been doing extensive research on St Johns County and am trying to get my family moved there.

Numerous sources cite St Johns as having amongst the best schools in FL. That’s far from PBC, though...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
There is the possibility I might get a job offer in Palm Beach County.
View Quote

Yeah you don't want to go there.......
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Could you please give me more details about why I shouldn't go there? I'm not from there and only trying to understand. If you want you can also dm if you don't want to discuss publicly. Thank you
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Hernando county, mid West of the state. Schools are ehh, though my son is learning things as a freshman that his old CT classmates are not even near yet. School choice allowed us to such his high school from our district one which was also nice. You know the very thing the federal govt won't allow. As far as the area, lots of elderly but very red here. Gun shots and fireworks are common place here because lots of homes with bigger lots. Pm if interested in discussing further.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:40:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Could you please give me more details about why I shouldn't go there? I'm not from there and only trying to understand. If you want you can also dm if you don't want to discuss publicly. Thank you
View Quote

Palm Beach County is stupid expensive to live in and it's full of hardcore leftists.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There is the possibility I might get a job offer in Palm Beach County.

The problem is that you got the transplants from the North screwing up the area and plus a lot of brain dead people that votes D.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Palm Beach County is stupid expensive to live in and it's full of hardcore leftists.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

OP are you Jewish and from NYC?

You’d fit in well in Palm Beach county if so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#9]
The huge influx of refugees from liberal states is killing FL
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

depends on where you're coming from and what your perspective is. People from NY and NJ don't mind it at all because they're used to high prices and awful traffic. I couldn't stand either of those and lived in Wellington. What was even worse is that you had limited places you could easily go for beach access as much of the coast is covered with homes and condos with limited access.

Contrast that with heading an hour or 2 North and your world changes dramatically. For me, it was for the better.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
If you come from a liberal state , leave those policies behind when you move here, We've had a place here in FL since 1969. I lived in UPSTATE NY and got tired with the BS policies NYC and Albany foisted on us for years! We've moved permanently now, and I can tell you that in FL, we don't care how they did it up north.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Outside of Jupiter and Loxahatchee, Palm Beach County is a libtard shit show. The traffic is horrible and you are better off commuting from Martin or St. Lucie County.

If you aspire to salt water boat, the Stuart inlet is what you seek.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top