Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/25/2021 2:23:27 PM EDT
Now that Portman has announced he won't run for re-election, what are the chances we will get a decent President Trump supporting candidate?

For years now we have had to put up with the scum at the bottom of the barrel, and it would be nice to have a Ken Blackwell type candidate, or Ken Blackwell himself run...

Non of this BFA bs we got when they supported Dewine..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
He should just go ahead and retire and not finish his term.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would I care one bit about Trump at this point? Trump is not a conservative anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would I care one bit about Trump at this point? Trump is not a conservative anyway.
View Quote

Heretic! How dare you speak the truth?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Jim Jordan would be great in that seat but I don't know the affect that would have on the House side of things to lose him there
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost zero chance we get a quality conservative in the race. Dewine virtually controls the state GOP apparatus and they are not conservative by any means.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you write that Trump is not a Conservative, who exactly are you comparing him to?

I've always considered myself to be a Churchill/Thatcher Conservative, but will add Trump to that list..

He did some great things for this country in 4yrs and Biden is determined to fcuk it up in the first 4wks...I wonder how long before Peace in the Middle East is toast..
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

When you write that Trump is not a Conservative, who exactly are you comparing him to?

I've always considered myself to be a Churchill/Thatcher Conservative, but will add Trump to that list..

He did some great things for this country in 4yrs and Biden is determined to fcuk it up in the first 4wks...I wonder how long before Peace in the Middle East is toast..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of current politicians I think of Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and Rand Paul.

I posit Trump's response to a debate question in 2016 where he was asked the top three priorities of the federal government (emphasis mine):
"Security, Health Care, and Education"

The administration did some great things, sure. If the general election were tomorrow I'd vote for for Trump again. But that does not mean Trump himself is conservative.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think I should run.  I tend to be very centrist.
View Quote

No vote from me....you wanted to keep front plates on vehicles, even though we paid to have them removed..
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I posit Trump's response to a debate question in 2016 where he was asked the top three priorities of the federal government (emphasis mine):

The administration did some great things, sure. If the general election were tomorrow I'd vote for for Trump again. But that does not mean Trump himself is conservative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could care less about his responses to debate questions, because the proof is in the pudding.
He showed the country that he did not need a magic wand to bring jobs back and in record numbers, he just knew he needed to get the government out of the way.
Now, I will agree with you on, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, but we live in Ohio, and we always have scum Senators...noone of any worth.
Even my Rep, Turner is sh!t, and I wish Jim Jordan was my Rep, because he is a Bulldog...
Now, after 4yrs of Biden, President Trump will look like an Ultra-Conservative..
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Portman is thin skinned just like Tiberi. When the going gets tough the weaklings fold.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I could care less about his responses to debate questions, because the proof is in the pudding.
He showed the country that he did not need a magic wand to bring jobs back and in record numbers, he just knew he needed to get the government out of the way.
Now, I will agree with you on, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, but we live in Ohio, and we always have scum Senators...noone of any worth.
Even my Rep, Turner is sh!t, and I wish Jim Jordan was my Rep, because he is a Bulldog...
Now, after 4yrs of Biden, President Trump will look like an Ultra-Conservative..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the proof is in the pudding of what the people around him actually kept him from doing. I'll say the administration had some conservative things going for it.

Trump left to his own devices would have done lots of terrible things, like confiscating firearms without due process.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Trump left to his own devices would have done lots of terrible things, like confiscating firearms without due process.
View Quote

Really....please go into detail?

Both his sons are avid shooters, Don Jr was pushing the hearing protection act and it gained momentum, but thanks to Hillary, it died.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Both his sons are avid shooters, Don Jr was pushing the hearing protection act and it gained momentum, but thanks to Hillary, it died.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the horse's mouth.

President Donald Trump Says Take Guns 'Early' Without Due Process | CNBC
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump is a talker, he always talks even when he doesn't have anything to say he talks.  I admire how Trump came to understand a few things about The Constitution, but that seemed to happen on the plandemic.  Perfect?  Nope he was not but the best thing we have seen in quite a while.

Don't shoot the messenger: https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/535714-portman-retirement-sparks-calls-for-lebron-james-senate-bid
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

a Churchill/Thatcher Conservative, but will add Trump to that list..
View Quote

All I can say is everyone has an opinion, leave politics out of the forum.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's state, not federal.

My platform is " I promise you nothing . "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No vote from me....you wanted to keep front plates on vehicles, even though we paid to have them removed..

That's state, not federal.

My platform is " I promise you nothing . "

Why would your opinion on state issue be irrelevant to a federal job?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is a good chance for the return of John Kasich.

View Quote

AJ, we already have one democrap senaturd and certainly don't need another.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Just heard on the news Dr. Acton is thinking of running.  If all we have to look forward to is her and Tim Ryan we are in trouble.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just heard on the news Dr. Acton is thinking of running.  If all we have to look forward to is her and Tim Ryan we are in trouble.
View Quote

You guys.....You're messing with my Zen thing, man.

Acton, Ryan, and maybe James. Ugh!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

From the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the horse's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI

Yet it didn't happen....or did it?

Maybe it was lip service for the dems, given the 4yrs he was in office he was constantly attacked for everything...but again, the proof is in the pudding and I do not recall him signing any gun control bills that made it to his desk....but maybe I am wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

a Churchill/Thatcher Conservative, but will add Trump to that list..

This is relevant to Ohio, and the fact we have no true  representation in DC, if you don't like it, jog on....simples..
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe it was lip service for the dems, given the 4yrs he was in office he was constantly attacked for everything...but again, the proof is in the pudding and I do not recall him signing any gun control bills that made it to his desk....but maybe I am wrong.
View Quote

It happened with bump stocks. It almost and still may happen with pistol braces. Companies like Q were attacked for pistol braces and still may be fighting that (details aren't clear or public). Under Trump's ATF solvent trap companies were raided and some broken up, splintering that industry and community even further.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It happened with bump stocks. It almost and still may happen with pistol braces. Companies like Q were attacked for pistol braces and still may be fighting that (details aren't clear or public). Under Trump's ATF solvent trap companies were raided and some broken up, splintering that industry and community even further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the bump stock ban was locked up in the courts?

As to the alphabet agencies, those fcukers are a law unto themselves, and we saw that in full effect the whole time President Trump was in office.
I don't believe President Trump was pushing any of the crap the Sesame Street gangs were going after....but I could be wrong..
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:41:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think Jim Jordan would be great in that seat but I don't know the affect that would have on the House side of things to lose him there
View Quote

I saw an article where it was said that his house committee position was more valuable and thus wasn't interested.

A suggestion that he was considering a run for governor was dismissed by a staffer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Saw on a local news station that that POS Tim Ryan might run for it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Is Richard Cordray still looking for work?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top