Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2019 9:15:51 PM EDT
If Andy had defended himself he would have ended up like Mike Strickland.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If Andy had defended himself he would have ended up like Mike Strickland.
View Quote
You just figured this out? hell I moved away over 20 years ago...
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you been to Seattle? That’s a shithole as well. ANTIFA exists and gets media attention in Portland because the Mayor and Commissioners of Portland allow them to wreak havoc.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]

"Milkshakes" Made With Caustic Cement Being Tossed at Police and Reporters

What the hell is going on with these screwballs tossing caustic slurries at people?

WHERE
ARE
THE
POLICE?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
They quit.

And the sheriff's of the counties in and around the Portland metro area are refusing to assist.

Portland will descend into thunderdome.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sending emails to restaurants and merchants that I've patronized in Portland letting them know I won't do business in Portland until the Mayor gets his shit together, or is out of office. Some of the businesses are expensive restaurants that we've visited with large groups (8-10 people), and I let them know it. I was very civil and polite, but firm. I want Wheeler to get as much grief from Portland merchants as possible. I encourage the rest of Arfcom to do the same.
Link Posted: 7/2/2019 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I try not to go up there. Last time I was there all most stepped on a dirty seringe.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#7]
OSU grad here.

Having lived/worked in OR in the late 70's and through the 80's before moving out it pains me to see such a nice state go down the toilet due to the invasion of leftists and their take over of the state legislature. Portland was a really nice city to go to the races at PIR, as well as going to Powells bookstore.

Last time I back there was in 2003 for a training session in Portland and was almost accosted by a feral gang of kids on the River Walk. I managed to stare them down and they backed off but after seeing what's happened back in Portland its a place I want to bypass as quickly as possible if I go back there sometime.

While Eugene wasn't too bad "back-in-the-day" but it sounds like its gone down-hill based on news reports.

Perhaps OR should have an Electoral College (each county gets an equal vote) so the rest of the state can balance out Portland and Eugene (Lane Co.)

Wyden and DeFazio are even worse now than back in the day & that Markey guy is another nut job.

Tom McCall is revolving in his grave.
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Perhaps OR should have an Electoral College (each county gets an equal vote) so the rest of the state can balance out Portland and Eugene (Lane Co.)
View Quote
This would solve so many problems. If only...
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The willamette valley from the Oregon/Washington border, south on I-5 to just past Eugene/Corvallis, and 50 miles east or west on either side of I-5, is a small geographic area of the state, but has enough population that it controls the political direction of the state.  Most of the large colleges/universities are within that area.

Washington state has the same thing from close to the Canadian border, heading south on I-5 to about 40 miles south of Olympia, and 50 miles east and west of I-5.

It would be interesting if both states could carve out those areas, and allow them to be Oregon #2, and Washington #2, with separate Senators and congressmen.  The citizens of the larger geographic areas of both states are essentially left without adequate representation at both the state and federal level.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
See  you boys on the 17th!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree with the thread title.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm sending emails to restaurants and merchants that I've patronized in Portland letting them know I won't do business in Portland until the Mayor gets his shit together, or is out of office. Some of the businesses are expensive restaurants that we've visited with large groups (8-10 people), and I let them know it. I was very civil and polite, but firm. I want Wheeler to get as much grief from Portland merchants as possible. I encourage the rest of Arfcom to do the same.
View Quote
No need. Since portland introduced a 15% living wage tax that restaurants have passes on to consumers. There has been restaurant closures all over Portland  bunk bar to little bird.

Who wants to pay more and deal with traffic and parking then after the meal wondering if your car is still there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top