Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 3/29/2018 2:56:59 PM EDT
Polk County Permit database KCCI

Just saw this. The link is lacking info.  Anybody know what they are doing?
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like permit numbers will be searchable but I am assuming individual names or info will not be included.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't even having just permit numbers searchable be prohibited by last years Omibus bill?

724.23 Records kept by commissioner and issuing officers.
1. The commissioner of public safety shall maintain a permanent record of all valid
permits to carry weapons and of current permit revocations.
2. a. Notwithstanding any other law or rule to the contrary, the commissioner of public
safety and any issuing officer shall keep confidential personally identifiable information of
holders of professional or nonprofessional permits to carry weapons and permits to acquire
pistols or revolvers, including but not limited to the name, social security number, date of
birth, residential or business address, and driver’s license or other identification number of
the applicant or permit holder.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
This sort of implies that dealers are wanting to know if a permit is valid.  In all the years I've had a permit to acquire or carry, this has never ever been an issue.  I assume LE has always been able to check this.

Confusing.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
fuck them, and fuck that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 11:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck JLM for supporting this also.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wouldn't even having just permit numbers searchable be prohibited by last years Omibus bill?

724.23 Records kept by commissioner and issuing officers.
1. The commissioner of public safety shall maintain a permanent record of all valid
permits to carry weapons and of current permit revocations.

2. a. Notwithstanding any other law or rule to the contrary, the commissioner of public
safety and any issuing officer shall keep confidential personally identifiable information of
holders of professional or nonprofessional permits to carry weapons and permits to acquire
pistols or revolvers, including but not limited to the name, social security number, date of
birth, residential or business address, and driver’s license or other identification number of
the applicant or permit holder.
View Quote
Wouldn't it comply with the part in red? Revokes should be accessible because the person no longer holds a valid permit. If the SO can't get the permit from the person b/c they claim they lost it then a disqualified person can still purchase using an invalid permit. Dealers should be able to get that information if they have doubts as to the valididty of a permit. Personally, I think private citizens should be able to voluntarily call in if they have doubts about the validity of a permit provided they have certain info (not name and address) that cannot be obtained w/o possesion of the holders permit, i.e. they have it in their hand at the time of sale in the presence of the holder.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Has Jack Smith been on channel 13 to voice his support for this yet?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has Jack Smith been on channel 13 to voice his support for this yet?
View Quote

There's someone I haven't thought about for a long time...

Does he still have his store? I thought it closed a while back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's someone I haven't thought about for a long time...

Does he still have his store? I thought it closed a while back.
View Quote
I haven't lived in the DSM area for about 3 years, but I heard he moved his shop out to Hubbell and Broadway behind the Homemakers store.  I know some guys that liked him but I always thought he was a numb-nuts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I haven't lived in the DSM area for about 3 years, but I heard he moved his shop out to Hubbell and Broadway behind the Homemakers store.  I know some guys that liked him but I always thought he was a numb-nuts.
View Quote
The only nice thing I have to say about him is that he had the best price on refurb Sigs in town ten years ago.

He's an absolute Fudd asshat.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top