Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2020 7:34:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering where his power to bar evictions is coming from.  As far as I know a rental contract is a private contract between the owner and the renter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By waltg:

I'm wondering where his power to bar evictions is coming from.  As far as I know a rental contract is a private contract between the owner and the renter.
View Quote

It's even more ludicrous than that. He's barring mortgage companies from assessing fees for late payments despite the state having no authority to regulate national mortgage companies.

I assume he's betting on the companies not wanting the bad PR to avoid having his lordship's edicts challenged in court.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By waltg:

I'm wondering where his power to bar evictions is coming from.  As far as I know a rental contract is a private contract between the owner and the renter.
View Quote

Our Sheriff Justin Smith had a blog post basically saying it doesn't matter what Polis says.  If a judge issues an eviction notice the department will serve it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By EricRF:

Our Sheriff Justin Smith had a blog post basically saying it doesn't matter what Polis says.  If a judge issues an eviction notice the department will serve it.
View Quote

That's just it.  All Polis needs to do is to tell the judiciary to not hear those cases.  That may not work in Weld, but it will in a wide swath of the front range.  Especially after he threatened to take away covid funding from Weld....which, if I'm not mistaken, is the exact same thing that the Dems chastised the President for when he wanted to withhold funding from sanctuary cities.   The only standard they have is a double standard.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Polis sucks. I will take any opportunity to trumpet this fact.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
There is another protest at the capital this weekend, I heard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top