Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2021 11:10:25 AM EDT
Central Connecticut Arms got robbed.

Police: Thieves steal handguns from Portland gun shop
https://www.middletownpress.com/middletown/article/Police-Thieves-steal-handguns-from-Portland-gun-15839457.php

Two brazen thieves allegedly smashed their way into a Marlborough Street gun shop overnight this week and made off with “numerous handguns,” police said.

The two initially bashed in a portion of a large plate-glass window in the front of the Central Connecticut Arms, LLC, store and then used a tire iron to widen the hole, police said.

The incident occurred at 2:45 a.m. Wednesday, Detective Daniel Knapp said.

The store is located at 130 Marlborough Road, on the north side of the road, which is also known as Route 66.

Video from a security camera showed two “individuals wearing gloves, hoodies, and hats” make their way into the store, Knapp said.

After scooping up the handguns, they retreated back out of the store by way of the broken window, police said.

They then fled the scene in a “smaller and boxy SUV,” Knapp sad.

Police are reviewing security camera footage from other businesses in the vicinity.

They have also asked for the public’s help in providing any information about the incident.

Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives have also joined in the investigation.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That sucks. I like that shop. Good guys that have always treated my family and I right.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunate as I like that shop

But, I’ve always wondered when something like that would happen as the building seems awfully exposed to a smash and grab due to the large plate glass window, ill fitting wood/glass door etc
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha joke’s on them! Ammo is nowhere to be found!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
It's okay guys, at least they had their background checks and properly filled out DPS-3-C forms...

Sorry to hear though, they are a nice little shop, and the guys are a pleasure to deal with. Bought a few things from them before.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Would this be the Arf equivalent of taking your guns on a boat cruise?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice guys , I have done some buys there.

Pretty brazen , the window that was smashed is only about 30 ft off the edge of a pretty busy state highway.

Hope they catch the dirtballs
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
They caught the guys and are in federale custody.

He posted of fagbook that the alarm company didn't dispatch the police when they should have.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
There was another break-in in New Haven county
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top