Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2023 1:34:46 PM EDT
The last time I purchased a modern firearm in MD was 2009 (2 stripped lowers and another two CavArms lowers).  Since then I've been sticking to C&R stuff, mainly because I don't want to deal with MD bullshit. But now there's a lower on GB I want enough to tolerate it.

Can someone point me to a concise description of the process whereby one purchases a lower in MD?  Is it the same as the handgun process (about which I also know nothing.). Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:23:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MCFC] [#1]
You’ll have to have it sent to an FFL. Go on the Maryland state police website and set up an account through the portal.

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MspBridgeClient/#/home

Fill out the 77r. You don’t need a HQL for a stripped lower. Once the form is filled out and sent, check your emails. That’ll give you your pin #. When the FFL calls and says your lowers in you’ll go in and complete the rest of the 77r along with the federal 4473.

Wait 7 days get the not disapproved email then go pick your lower up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh an added bonus you can now use the "regulated" firearm purchase as a training exemption for your HQL.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
Oh an added bonus you can now use the "regulated" firearm purchase as a training exemption for your HQL.
View Quote
Cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top