Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2022 10:41:45 PM EDT
Howdy All,

A very good friend is recovering from a devastating illness 4 years back when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and underwent emergency surgery.

He's had a very very long and rocky recovery, but I still like to see him to talk guns, B.S. about old times & generally do guy talk.

Because of his medical condition, he is very limited in his endurance and suffers migranes frequently, so I haven't been able to get him out to a range in some time.

However, he mentioned he was wanting to find a new Gun Belt so he could better carry when he does go out.

Now, he was a big fella' and after his medical matters and a lot of meals & lack of exercise, he's put a LOT of "insulation' around his middle.

Any ideas where to check in Austin (or perhaps Temple - Killeen) for a "Husky Plus" (or Plus Plus) sized leather gun belt?

My first though was G.T. & someone mentioned that Galls Uniform Supply (formerly Millers) is also in Austin, so that is on the list too.

Any other suggestions for a place to find a nice leather gunbelt for the "Husky Plus Plus" gentleman?

I'd like to do something special for him as he's always a been a true friend to me, so Thank You for your help so I can help him!

I appreciate any & all helpful suggestions.

BIGGER_HAMMER  

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Fatass here just coming out of  trying to eat my way out of depression.  My belt is a custom 5-stitch riggers belt from The Wilderness. Yes it's nylon, but its durable, and it carries a gun wonderfully.  As far as leather is concerned DM Bullard and Hank's are two I would look at.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 3:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't sweat it.   Every Journey begins with figuring out where you want to end up and then taking the first steps to get there.

I piled on the pounds (to become almost round) from a few really bad years, but started keto last year and have dropped 80 lbs, so just set a goal and take a step a day toward it and you'll be surprised how quickly it all will start to snowball when you get rolling.

Thanks for sharing the experience & the recommendation.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm of the larger group of men. I have a Bigfoot Gun belt and it serves me very well. It'll likely outlast me
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always used The Beltman. I dunno how big they go though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
GT Distributors (call or check inventory online)

or order one from Magpul?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top