Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2023 1:12:31 PM EDT
Iowa Firearms Coalition needs your help with getting one of our bills through the State House! This message is copied from our action alert that went out this morning.

Which would you rather risk – unemployment, prison, or a violent assault without the means to protect yourself or your family? Why should you have to choose?

Did you know your employer may fire you for exercising your Second Amendment rights?  Today, Iowa employers can dismiss employees who lawfully store their carry weapon, a shooting league or hunting gun, or even just a box of shotgun shells in their vehicle while at work.  Meanwhile, federal law allows persons with carry permits to go armed at a school, but the State of Iowa says you’ve committed a felony if you drive onto school property for even a minute or two if you don’t first ditch your defensive firearm.  How many hundreds of thousands of Iowans, are at risk of getting canned or going to prison for these otherwise lawful practices?  When you think about it, full compliance with Iowa’s nonsensical law amounts to virtually a statewide ban on self-defense carry by workers and parents of school-age children. After all, if you can't carry when you drop off your children at school, or stow your firearm in your vehicle at work, there is no place else you can go during the day and adequately exercise your right to self-defense, without first going back home to pick up your weapon.  

This is a massive problem and IFC has the fix.  You're going to hear the business lobby say this is an attack on employers' rights.  We've got news for them - an employer's property rights are important, but stop at the locked door of your vehicle, where you have a natural expectation of privacy.  Your boss has no rightful concern over the contents of YOUR vehicle.  

HF654 corrects these injustices and IFC is asking for your help to see it enacted into law.  The bill is ready for debate in the House. Please send your Representative a note now urging a Yes vote on HF654.

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/SzTEqUV6sSazmYb4L5iAEg

Thanks for everyone's support!
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems some of our Representatives have spent their political capital this year on schools, bathrooms, restructuring state government, etc. and 2A priorities are getting pushed to the back burner.  Let's turn up the heat on them and get these positive changes enacted.  Legally armed parents should be able to drop their kids off at school.  Employees should not be defenseless on their way home from work, etc.  

This email will take less than a minute of your time, or better yet, write your own personal email to your Rep.

For freedom.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Sent a message this morning.  Thank you for doing this!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Will this apply to the Board of Regents institutions?  I suspect it won't.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will this apply to the Board of Regents institutions?  I suspect it won't.
View Quote

Honestly I am not sure & I preface this by saying that I am not the one who is at the Capitol Lobbying for IFC everyday.  But from what I have heard, an omnibus bill including numerous pro-2A aspects (including Campus Carry language) is in the works as well.  What passes the political funnels and ultimately goes for the Governor's signature depends on many factors, including how much pressure the Reps feel from Iowans.  Make your voice heard so the Reps don't just hear from Mom's Demand Action, etc.

For freedom!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 12:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Honestly I am not sure & I preface this by saying that I am not the one who is at the Capitol Lobbying for IFC everyday.  But from what I have heard, an omnibus bill including numerous pro-2A aspects (including Campus Carry language) is in the works as well.  What passes the political funnels and ultimately goes for the Governor's signature depends on many factors, including how much pressure the Reps feel from Iowans.  Make your voice heard so the Reps don't just hear from Mom's Demand Action, etc.

For freedom!
View Quote

Thanks for explaining that Catfish!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For freedom!
View Quote

No doubt squirmin' Herman and Beth will be leading the charge.  This place will lose it's shit if campus carry passes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 8:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, shit. I thought this passed already. When it passed the funnel deadline the Globe ran an article that I could swear had it listed as "signed into law".

Guess I misread it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
After that tranny piece of shit went after the Christian school, hate to be that guy, but timing is prudent to push on school grounds carry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Did this get shot down? Still pending?

Can't find anything either way, my wife was just asking me a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did this get shot down? Still pending?

Can't find anything either way, my wife was just asking me a few minutes ago.
View Quote

Didn't make it. Like virtually every other gun bill this year.  This legislature was a complete bust on firearm issues.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top