Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2018 9:27:04 AM EDT
Spare me any education. Cali is lost regardless of how many conservatives are there. There will always be drastically more loonies.

Please move to a swing state. Plenty of places with beauty and opportunity.

Florida
Texas
AZ
Etc
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Spare me any education. Cali is lost regardless of how many conservatives are there. There will always be drastically more loonies.

Florida
Texas
AZ
Etc
View Quote
I moved from Florida because it’s hot, humid, flat, and the pay is shit.

Call me when I can make total compensation of $150k+ in a state with good weather.

Texas maybe I’d consider some day since they actually do have decent pay, but the weather hits too close to my 35 years in Florida.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Retiring early 2019, moving to AZ next year, where my vote counts.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Florida
Texas
AZ
Etc
View Quote
Anywhere except Georgia, right?  Or Idaho, or,...  Apparently, no one wants Californians of any political persuasion.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife asked me to make a exit plan.

I can make money anywhere so who knows what’s next.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't tell us, tell that to the crybabies in the states you listed that don't want us.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I am not going to upend my life and move just to go somewhere that will soon be like California.  Sorry.  Not gonna happen.  Sadly, some States on my short list are shifting Blue faster than I'd like (AZ and TX).  Others I'm considering are NE, ID, and WY.  Maybe KS or OK.  There are job-related issues that require just the right circumstances for me to move to all but TX and maybe AZ and ID.  East of the Mississippi is not even a consideration.  Already had to drop NV from the list.  Not sure about adding UT to it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 2:25:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Moved to ARIZONA in 1994 best thing I ever did -
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Where's etc??
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 5:37:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anywhere except Georgia, right?  Or Idaho, or,...  Apparently, no one wants Californians of any political persuasion.
View Quote
I just saw this on Facebook the other day then I stumbled accross this thread. I thought you guys would enjoy this.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Almost all the "Californians" I've worked with and met socially are from somewhere other than California.

There are relatively few native-born Californians.

If all those "immigrants" went back to their home States, California would likely be the reddest State in the Union.

What I am hinting at with this post is that, Calfirornia is NOT the problem.  It is all the other States that that have screwed up so badly causing their residents to leave for the economic opportunities available here in California.

Make California Great Again!

Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Illinois, Ohio, Mississippi, Louisiana, and all you other shithole States, take your people BACK!

Oh, and Mexico and Canada, too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I know it's personal and tailored to your desirements but what are you guys looking for in a State that would cause you to move there?

Is it taxes, weather, housing, health care, employment opportunities,...?

What places have you found that match your desirements.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't tell Ma Danby, she thinks she likes South Carolina.  Which has Son, Daughter-in-law, and only Grandchild, humidity, hurricanes, bugs, alligators, no real mountains, no deserts to shoot in free.

I still haven't given up totally on CA, but getting pretty damn close.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I visited Dallas last year.

The thing I was most disappointed with was their mexican food is freaking horrible. How do they deal with that bland crap?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I really liked Texas but the public land thing and to a lesser extent property taxes kinda' concern me.  Nevada until recently was relatively cheap unless you want a tree, then prepare for CA prices. I like trees. And they are going hard left lately.  Arizona up near Flagstaff is nice. Not too ungodly hot. They keep electing 'tards to the senate though. I have relatives in Idaho, it's nice but according to the ID HTF it's full.  Of course if your really read the ID HTF you'll see the most vocal anti CA voices are from CA.  Oregon is weird.  Beautiful but weird.  Washington is turning into Los Angeles. lol   Montana is awesome but winter, yeah.  It's cold.  Wyoming is windy and cold.  Colorado, sigh.  Utah.  Never been to New Mexico except to drive through it to get to Texas.  All of the western states are beautiful and appealing in their own unique ways.

I like California.  I want to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw this in a news article today -

"U.S. Census data released in December revealed around 661,000 people left California in 2017, most of them headed for Texas."

That's well over half a million people in one year!  That's 2% of the population leaving in one year.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top