Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2021 11:57:25 PM EDT
Years ago I spent hours getting all the pertinent NH firearms related RSA's listed with links that got tacked in a link/thread at the top of this forum.

If any of you know of any changes that need to be made please let the NHHTF mod know so that he/she can make them. It's vital that we keep that thread and laws up to date so that we know what they currently are and what our elected officials are proposing for changes. I don't care if any of my original work is altered, the important thing is that that thread and laws are current for easy reference.

Back then NHSP actually had misinformation posted on their website about the definition of "loaded firearm". NHSP was stating that if you had a concealed handgun on you without a license you could not have any ammunition on you at all. That was complete bullshit and I had emailed NHSP about that numerous times. The NH RSA said nothing about ammunition on you, it referenced a "loaded firearm". It was their propaganda they were pushing at the time.

It's important we keep that current with actual RSA's up to date so that they're easily referenced by all of us here.

Threads about proposed RSA changes should be new ones and not affect the current RSA tacked thread, that should only contain real time RSA's.

I'm nowhere near as active here as I used to be so it's a group effort.

Years ago when they had the gun free school zone bill going I contacted all my local reps and the only "D" rep that replied said that they were "going to keep ramming these anti gun bills through".

Keep vigilant everyone........

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 1:25:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That thread isn't tacked but it's flagged to never archive. It is currently at the bottom of page 2.

If anyone has changes to be made, IM them to me and I'll edit the appropriate section.

Thanks to all who worked on that original thread - it's great to have the information in one place.
View Quote

To be clear my post wasn't in any way a "call out" to anyone specific other than a rally cry to all the members here to keep our current laws thread up to date as a resource.

There is a link to that thread  under the "Important threads" section at the header of this forum. Every member here should have an easy route to research the current laws we all need to follow. That is also a tool to refute the LEO's and/or websites we have in some communities that promote bullshit and blatant propaganda/misinformation.

Anyone who carries a firearm for self defense or for the defense of their home/families would be doing themselves a great disservice if you don't know what the laws actually are.

A couple examples in that tacked thread were that NHSP used to have on their website that if you carried a handgun concealed without a license that you couldn't have any ammunition on your person. that was absolutely false and not what the NH RSA stated at that time, it was what they told people under the FAQ's section on their website before Constitutional carry was passed.

Another example in that tacked thread was a member here stated he was told by his local LE that he couldn't carry in a school zone. That is incorrect under NH law. There was a fairly recent proposed bill that would have made that law but it failed to pass. I refenced in a number of threads here that 1 of my local reps stated that "they were going to keep ramming these bills through" as far as gun free school zones and other anti gun laws.

That is why we need to keep the current tacked "Important Threads Gun Shops/Ranges/Laws/Gun Rights" [Guns laws in NH] link up to date with only the current laws on the books. The best way to combat rumors and misinformation is with facts.

As much as it pains me to mention it there's a guy with a youtube channel (called press nh now I think) who comes off as an an obnoxious prick most of the time, but he shows examples of knowing what the laws are and keeping within them.

Any newly proposed bills should get a new thread in the NHHTF so members can contact their representatives about such proposed laws(s).

All current actual law under NH RSA should be made as a revision in the tacked and linked thread. If anyone has anything that needs to be added or changed please let the NHHTF mod know so they can revise that thread and keep it as clear and uncluttered as possible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top