Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2018 5:10:09 PM EDT
I’m in the hospital and upon discharge can no longer take care of my dog for a few months.
She is  two year old American Saffordshire Terrier. An indoor dog that’s great with people and house broken. Very loving, smart, loyal and affectionate. Not a barker. This is breaking my heart but I can’t bear taking her to the shelter.
If someone can give her a loving home or knows of someone, please email me. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Wessono,

Sorry to hear that you have to give up your dog.  A couple quick questions for you about her.

Has she ever been around kids, if so how did she do?  Same question with other dogs?  How much exercise does she like?  Spayed?  Up to date on shots?

I'll send you an email as well.

Hope you are getting better man.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you want her to go to a forever home. or are you hoping to take her back once you're up and running again?

Also, weight/size, a few more pics, and as mentioned above vaccination records would help finding her a place.

At the worse I'll see if we can get her in the Semper Fi rescue pipeline in GD (with Joker1s permission of course).
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Millie is 36 pounds of the happiest little dog you could meet. I saved her from the shelter the day before she was going to be destroyed. My son is bringing her shots up to date this week.
I’m looking to have her taken care of until the December time frame and I’ll pay for her food. She’s good with people and loves to snuggle.

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Any leads?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any leads?
View Quote
I'll check with a few people tomorrow morning, and update after my doc appointments.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry I didn't get back to answer yesterday.  Wasn't able to find anyone in my small circle.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Bump. I can't take her in. No room.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Really, the problem lies with the fact that it's a "temporary" home.

I'm sure there are people here that would home Millie, issue is no one really wants to foster an animal they may get attached to, just to see it taken away.

Hard choice man, if you really care about the dog, you might need to give up custody forever.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really, the problem lies with the fact that it's a "temporary" home.

I'm sure there are people here that would home Millie, issue is no one really wants to foster an animal they may get attached to, just to see it taken away.

Hard choice man, if you really care about the dog, you might need to give up custody forever.
View Quote
I would be more in the opposite camp of more likely to take and foster. However in Feb my son was bitten my a dog that put him into the icu for 5 days so I can’t do it currently.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Email sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top