Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2018 8:03:40 AM EDT
I’m planning a trip to the big island for aug 27-31. Then doing ohau from 31-7.  I have been looking at hotels in the Waikoloa village area,but have also been checking out air bnb. Where’s a good area to workout of to do things on the big island. I’m also open to suggestions for things to do and beaches to go to. On ohau I’m planning to stay at a air bnb in the Kailua area. I lived on ohau for 3 years while stationed there so I got ohau pretty well covered but also open to any suggestions for that island as well. Thanks for the help guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I always suggest going up to the observatories, if you're up for it, the sun rise above the clouds is a pretty awesome site.  With any luck there shouldn't be any road closures in Aug.

You might want to check out the the lava flow.  If the volcano has been active it can be a cool site.  I don't think Pele is pouring her heart out into the sea any more. That was always pretty cool... To me that is.

I'm not big on the beach thing so I'll leave those suggestions to the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top