Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2019 4:31:31 PM EDT
We will be moving to Kansas shortly and wanted to know where are some locations to do some rifle shooting? Thank you for any assistance and info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
There are quite a few ranges in the KC area depending on how far you want to shoot.

Down south I help run the Bone Creek Gun Club which is 15 miles north of Pittsburg, KS just off Hwy 69.  Our rifle range just goes to 200 yards but we're fairly small and not too busy.  I'm doing an Appleseed there this weekend and we have USPSA matches every month.

Fort Scott, KS has a state run range that might go to 75 or 100 yards but it's only open when a range officer is there which is intermittent.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
There’s a kdwp range at Hillsdale lake
Mill creek rifle is members only
Parma woods just on the other side of the river
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info. We will be at Ft. Leavenworth for the next few years. Looking for a place that we can shoot rifles. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 8:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the info. We will be at Ft. Leavenworth for the next few years. Looking for a place that we can shoot rifles. Thank you
View Quote
@Sylvan

Mill Creek Rifle Club in De Soto is the closest range (I think) and best.  There's a small outdoor pistol range on base or at least there was 10 years ago.

There'll be an Appleseed taught at Mill Creek in mid-May where you can see the club and meet lots of members who could give you a recommendation (which is needed to join).

The also do High Power and Bench Rest competitions plus USPSA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Mill creek is really the only option.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Fancy Creek range is fairly close.

https://ksoutdoors.com/Services/Education/Shooting-Ranges/Fancy-Creek-Range

Topeka has a members range at the link on the West side

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capital-City-Gun-Club-Inc/169066676475032

Here are the State ranges.    https://ksoutdoors.com/Services/Education/Shooting-Ranges/(offset)/20
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm at Leavenworth, I work on post. Hit me up when you get here, I might live out in the country and have property.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Best bet is to make friends with someone that owns land.

Other than that, Pigeon Hill in St Joseph, MO goes out to 100 yards.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for Pigon Hill
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Anywhere in the general KC area that goes out to 1200ish?
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think so
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anywhere in the general KC area that goes out to 1200ish?
View Quote
Great Plains Precision Rifle Range in Ottawa is having a long range competition Dec 6 & 7 that will go out to 2000 yards Sunday Dec 7th.

That may be an exceptional distance.  Their website mentions a 1300 yard berm.

Here's their Facebook page.

They're too far away for me to join but I'll do some of their competitions in 2020.

$400 a year to join.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top