Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2023 2:58:13 PM EDT
My son is flying out of Birmingham in June. I have points with Hilton. Are there any places to avoid staying?

I'm looking at these due to proximity to the airport.

Hampton Inn Birmingham/Leeds, AL
310 Rex Lake Road, Leeds, Alabama, 35094

Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham East Irondale
950 Old Grants Mill Road, Birmingham,

Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Fultondale
3289 Lowery Parkway, Fultondale, Alabama, 35068, USA

Open to restaurant suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Any one of those places will be fine to stay in. Leeds is only a few exits from the airport too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably wouldn’t stay at the Irondale location. But, it’s close to the original Golden Rule BBQ.

The one in Leeds is nice and close to the Bucee’s.

I don’t go north out of Birmingham enough to know much about Fultondale.

Rusty’s BBQ isn’t far from  Bucee’s or that Leeds Hampton Inn.

Golden Rule is old school pit bbq, no frills.

Saw’s Neighborhood is in the Shops of Grand River, other side of the same exit as Bucee’s and that Leeds Hampton Inn. It’s in the same spot as a brewery, pizza place, putt putt, and drive-in theater.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks y'all, very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dreamland
Saws
Post Office Pies
SOHO
Daves Pizza
Rougaroux
Jack Browns
Oyster on the half shell
Black Market
Walk Ons
View Quote

Saw's fried pork skins and pepper jelly/pimento cheese dip is off the chain!

Hattie B's
Moe's BBQ
Nicki's West
Sammie's Sandwich Shop

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I would mark Fultondale off the list- it's not particularly terrible, but really just an average area like any other interstate exit. It's not really noteworthy for anything and no notable eating establishments nearby.

The Rex Lake Road hotel is next to Barber Motorsports park, a world class motorcycle museum. If you or your son is into motorcycles this is a can't miss. There is also a basspro and bucc-ees nearby.

The home2 suites at the birmingham collonade is not too far from the airport and offers tons of eating options. A good area but traffic can be a pain.  The most noteworthy restaurants are in downtown Birmingham.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]
All are decent to stay at, I live in gardendale.
Birmingham is foodie haven. The above mentioned places are good and not too expensive. Hot and Hot, blueprint on 3rd, Automatic seafood, Chez Fonfon are really good places.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Drove out there last Thursday, and dropped my son off at the airport Friday morning. Saved $1000 on airfare. Love airline logic. We live near Atlanta, but he had to catch the flight from B'ham, which then flies to Atlanta. From there, he has a layover, and catches a non-stop to Tokyo. On the positive side, I got to spent some quality time with my son.

We stayed in Leeds, and ended up grabbing lunch at Buc-ees. We were staying across the street from the giant Bass Pro Shop. The drive into that place was amazing. There were almost no customers in the store, so we spent an hour finger banging guns, and one of the counter guys pulling out interesting used guns for us to check out including a PS90 and an M1A. It was an easy drive from Leeds to the airport. The drive thru Atlanta on the way home sucked like you'd expect.

I appreciate everyone's help and info. Next time I'm in B'ham, I'll check out some of those restaurants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top