Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2018 10:59:28 PM EDT
Unexpectedly, I need to take a pickup truck and equipment trailer from Phoenix to Socorro on the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I need to get it there on Sunday evening.  It'll take most of Saturday morning to load it up, hitch and get rolling.  At my age, I don't move that fast any more and nobody's going with me this time.  I know it's possible to drive from Phoenix to Socorro in one long day.  But for safety, I'd rather not.

What motels in the Show Low vicinity are most likely to have a room (for a nonsmoker) on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?  I'm really not particular.  In my line of work, I don't need the ritz.  And people that stay at the ritz won't want to see the goofy truck and trailer, anyway.

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve stayed at the KC Motel in Show Low before. Enjoyed it for the price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
At 6hrs I'd just push through it.

Even if you had a stop a bunch, I'd be mostly thinking about the risk of walking out into the hotel parking lot and finding my truck without the equipment trailer, or missing things the next morning. Show Low isn't bad, but there's enough trucking/commercial traffic through there, and all of the fun people that come along with it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
They have a good holiday inn express that my family stays in when we are there.  It is on the south side of the deuce of clubs main road.  There is a wings and things on the same side of the road also a Giant to fill up your gas a few driveways before the HIE.

Edit spelling
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I can second the holiday in express above.

Also, Taylor/Snowflake aren't far away, and there's a really decent place (now called Rodeway Inn Silver Creek,
used to be just Silver Creek Inn) in Taylor. It's not fancy but it's cheap and clean and I've never had an issue
there over many dozens of stays. Seems to have a better clientele than most low-end motels.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I got it worked out.  Not like I expected.  But it seems under control.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top